We will be hosting an Esri Dev Meet Up, in coordination with GIS Career Day at the University of Arizona in Tucson, taking place March 6, 2013. Food and beverages will be provided at the Dev Meet Up!
Developers of all levels of expertise are welcome, from seasoned GIS professionals to those new to geospatial development.
At these meet ups, you can:
- Demonstrate your application or framework.
- Present an interesting concept or idea.
- Share your experiences.
- Connect with other developers.
Meet Up Schedule
5:30 - 6:00 PM Registration and Social (Appetizers and Beverages served)
6:00 - 6:30 PM Keynote Speaker "The Challenges & Opportunities of Tribal GIS in a GeoDesign World" by Chris Turner, Senior Research Assistant for the Tohono O'odham Nation Long Range Plan
6:30 - 7:30 PM Lightning talks
- USAdapt, a WebGIS Tool for Climate Change Impact Analysis by Sandy Dall'erba, Director of the Regional Economics and Spatial Modeling Laboratory (REASM) and Associate Professor of the School of Geography and Development and Yinan Zhang, Master of Science in GIS and Technology, and Visiting-Scholar of REASM at University of Arizona
- Open Source Web Mapping by Adrian Sonnenschein, GIS Specialist for the Arizona Geological Survey
- NGDS Feature Search & Map Web Application by Jessica Alisdairi, GIS Specialist & Developer of Arizona Geological Survey
- Enhancing the Pima County, AZ Indicators of Neighborhood Stress Map with City of Tucson Violent Crime Data by Nathan Lothrop, Program Coordinator & Research Specialist at University of Arizona
- Web Mapping as a Data Portal by Jason Scovil, Senior Applications Developer with Engineering Mapping Solutions (EMS)
- Adapting the SLEUTH Urban Growth Forecasting Model for the Census Bureau by Tiernan Erickson, Geographer with the U.S. Census Bureau
7:30 - 8:00 PM Raffle, Networking and Social. Two great prizes:
12-month EDN Subscription
Follow us on Twitter @AmyNiessen, @DMDevDude, and @theMapHaps for fun updates!