An Esri GeoDev Meet Up is happening in coordination with the 2014 Ohio GIS Conference taking place September 22-24. Food and beverages will be provided at the GeoDev Meet Up! (Come a lil' hungry, why don't ya?)
This event is a social gathering for developers to discuss the latest in mapping, geo technology, geo services, web and mobile mapping apps, app design, cloud solutions, map data or anything else related to solving real-world "geo" problems.
Developers of all levels of expertise are welcome, from seasoned GIS professionals to those new to geospatial development.
At these meet ups, you can:
• Meet cool people. Duh, we're there.
• Show us what you got by demo'ing your application or framework.
• Make a name for yourself in presenting an cool new/interesting concept or idea.
• Impress someone by sharing your experiences.
• If you're sharp with your GIS and developer trivia, you can win some cool Esri swag
• Make BFFs for life - connect with other developers!
Here's what's on the agenda:
6:00 - 6:30 PM Registration and Social (Appetizers and Beverages served - YES!)
6:30 - 7:00 PM Introduction
7:00 - 8:00 Lightning talks
• Matt Miley, "ArcGIS Runtime for .NET - Windows Store Custom App"
• Larry Rover, "AVL Solution Using the GEP Extension"
• Brandon Brown, "Open Data - What if I Have a Party and No One Shows Up?"
• Aaron Friend, "Different Frontier Same Destination"
• Douglas Aden, "Locating Sinkholes in Ohio"
8:00 - 8:30 PM Raffle, Networking and Social. Two great (no, FANTASTIC) prizes:
A voucher for 1000 Service Credits for your ArcGIS Online Developer Subscription
A free registration pass to attend the 2015 Esri DevSummit
Follow us on Twitter: #geodev @themaphaps and @AmyNiessen.