Join us for the DevOpsDC Meetup Group!
• 6:30 - 7:00 - Meet, greet, and eat
• 7:00 - 7:15 - Introductions and Announcements
• 7:15 - 8:45 - Presentations, discussions, etc.
• Auto-scaling applications on OpenStack & AWS using Cloud Foundry as your private PaaS - Renat Khasanshyn (@renatco) CEO, Altoros - Cloud Foundry is a complex distributed system that features a range of components which provide a faster and easier way to build, test, deploy and scale applications. In this talk, we will go through the most important elements and capabilities that make Cloud Foundry a first class citizen PaaS. From an ops or DevOps point of view, you will learn about ways to deploy Cloud Foundry on your local machine, AWS and OpenStack. We will also cover how Cloud Foundry solves issues of portability, scalability, reliability and extensibility.
• A Tour of the Operational Tools in Use at AddThis - Gennady Nurik Architect/Team Lead, AddThis - AddThis products are currently installed on over 14 million web sites across the globe, generating near 4 Billion page views each day. At this talk, we'll talk about what operational tools we use to run our various applications and APIs. We'll touch on open source tools like Yammer Metrics, Ganglia, Graphite, and Logstash, as well as some of our home-grown tools.
• 8:45 - 9:15 - Networking, conversation, planning for next month.
Do you have a topic that you'd like to present or one that you like to see covered? Please contact the organizers and let us know! This is a great venue for lightning talks, first time presenters, and deep technical dives. We all want to hear from you.