DevOps Toronto Message Board › August meetup

August meetup

Steve P.
stevepereira
Group Organizer
Toronto, ON
Post #: 3
Hey team let's put together a meet this month - post venue ideas, topics, talks, ideas here
A former member
Post #: 4
Hey team let's put together a meet this month - post venue ideas, topics, talks, ideas here
Hey Steve: If you'd like to organize a meetup for the first week of August, when I'm in Toronto teaching the Chef Fundamentals class, I have many things I could speak on -- Chef or DevOps related.

I know Adin was trying to do the same but I haven't heard from him.
Mark L.
user 14371061
Toronto, ON
Post #: 1
I can offer space at Uken Games. We just moved to a new office a few months ago at King and Duncan and can easily accommodate 50+ people.
Bijan V.
bijanv
Toronto, ON
Post #: 3
Would be happy to host at EventMobi as well. Can host probably ~40 at our space. I'd be happy to talk about distributed / centralized logging services, DevOps automation for startups, or deploying with debian packages & Chef.
Branden V.
user 89569212
Toronto, ON
Post #: 1
I can't offer any space, but would be happy to talk about how we use Puppet, Hiera and MCollective to run our multi-environment deployments (dev, qa, staging, production) for the Open Academic Environment.
Mark L.
user 14371061
Toronto, ON
Post #: 2
Lots of good options Steve :) Maybe we can setup the next couple meetups?

If Uken hosts, I'd suggest MySQL as a theme. I've been talking to Morgan and I know he'd be happy to do a talk on MySQL 5.6.
Steve P.
stevepereira
Group Organizer
Toronto, ON
Post #: 4
Hey Mark! Thanks for working this out with Morgan! For whatever reason I haven't got updates on the thread so luckily Morgan talked to me about it. I'm setting it up now.
Steve P.
stevepereira
Group Organizer
Toronto, ON
Post #: 5
As for the rest of the offers: Thanks guys! This is awesome. I'll work on getting everything scheduled. I'm aiming to put the MySQL talk on the 19th. Julian - sorry I missed your offer! Are you still interested? Maybe we could rally the troops for next Tuesday/Thursday? Let me know what your availability is like and we'll see what we can do.
steve@stevepereira.ca