DevOps Toronto Message Board › Job posting: Linux Systems Administrator
|A former member||
Hi folks. Our company is looking for a sysadmin in Toronto, so I thought I'd pass along the posting here:
Can you make Linux boxes sing and dance? Ten Ton Hammer is currently recruiting a remote Linux Systems Administrator to maintain and extend our technical infrastructure. You will be the primary administrator, supporting both user-facing websites and internal staff.
If you’re an experienced Linux Systems Administrator, and want to be part of one of the longest running and most respected MMO gaming communities on the planet, be sure to review the position details below.
- Maintain servers to support company websites, including Drupal, Wordpress, vBulletin, and more
- Install, maintain, and support applications for internal users (Zimbra, etc.)
- Perform network and systems performance analysis, capacity planning, and technical troubleshooting
- Support and improve developer workflows, including Git and dev/staging/production sites
- Serve as primary point of contact with hosting provider, software and hardware vendors, researching/negotiating best solutions and prices, etc.
- Be available on-call for any system outage.
- 3+ years of Linux systems administration
- Experience administering Linux, including patching and tuning, and securing servers
- Networking experience (TCP/IP, HTTP, DNS, SSL, SSH, FTP/SFTP, etc.)
- Experience with high-traffic Drupal/MySQL installations. Familiar with performance management, caching strategies, etc.
- Experience with Git
- Scripting experience with Shell, Perl or, PHP
- Reliable self-starter, capable of being "the systems person", wearing many hats, and switching gears quickly
- Ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and verbal format
- Comfortable upgrading/servicing physical hardware at colocation facility
- Readily available in case of urgent system issues
- Located in Toronto area, with the ability and desire to primarily work from home.
- Formal technical training or Linux certifications preferred
The ideal candidate is proactive, able to communicate clearly and often, has interest in Drupal module development and theming, and has experience with Zeus.
You’ll work remotely (at home), enjoy flexible hours, and vacation time.
Interested candidates should submit their resume and cover letter with the subject line "Linux Systems Administrator" to: email@example.com