Developers & Entrepreneurs Message Board D&E - General Discussion Forum › Exciting social enterprise looking for co-founder

Exciting social enterprise looking for co-founder

Mike S.
user 86758402
London, GB
Post #: 1
I founded Open City Labs with the vision of citizen-centered design in the built environment outlined in my TEDx talk. My background is in digital & social media and particularly digital platforms to engage large numbers of participants.

The company is at a very early start-up stage, and I’m looking for a co-founding partner to build the company’s strategy & vision, product and delivery.

Open City Labs puts citizens at the heart of future city planning, by using digital technologies to stimulate collaboration between citizens, city planners & designers. In doing so, it aims to reduce build costs, create better stakeholders and increase sustainability.

Our digital services will mobilise large numbers of citizens to participate in the urban design process, for example by using playful interfaces to encouraging citizens to investigate and contribute to ‘what-if’ planning scenarios.

Currently, Open City Labs is working on prototype projects with the Royal College of Art and a housing charity, and talking to a range of potential funders. It's also developing an eminent advisory board.

Ideal skills, experience & attitude for co-founding partner:

• Interest in the role of citizens / users in the process of designing the built environment or services for it
  • Expertise and professional track record in at least one and preferably two of the following areas: design; tech (ideally with GIS / data visualisation / gaming / AR skills); architecture
  • Entrepreneurial attitude: ‘smart’ thinking, drive, inspiration, good communicator, can-do approach
  • Professional network / market understanding relevant to this enterprise
  • Business management or previous start-up experience (ideal but not essential)

Please do get in touch for a chat if you have a potential interest.