Touch Surgery is a revolutionary technology start-up, headquartered in Clerkenwell, London. Founded by 4 surgeons and funded by Balderton Capital, Touch Surgery is transforming professional healthcare training through software products, delivering a unique connected platform linking mobile apps with a powerful data back-end.
The Touch Surgery Android and iOS apps are used by 1000’s of professional and trainee surgeons daily. They are the ‘shop window’ of the Touch Surgery experience, and must deliver a consistently high level of functionality, engagement and quality.
The Lead Android Developer is a senior role with the following responsibilities:
- Complete ownership of the Touch Surgery Android app: technical design and implementation
- Prolific creation of robust and highly maintainable code
- Working closely with Product and Engineering leads to roadmap new features
- Ensuring the highest quality across all supported devices
- Demonstrating best practice in use of testing, version control, and SCRUM mechanics
- Line management of any further Android engineers, leading by example
- Reporting to the Head of Engineering
Required skills and experience:
- 6 years’ experience in commercial software development
- 2 years’ experience as sole or lead Android developer
- At least 2 Android apps live on Google Play
- Expert in Java and all common Android frameworks, especially UI
- Expert in Eclipse and/or IntelliJ
- Strong knowledge of connected technologies including HTTP, REST, JSON, databases
- Strong knowledge of C++ and Python
- Strong knowledge of version control systems (git, Perforce)
Salary: Very competitive.
Benefits: 25 days paid leave per annum. Share options pool.
Tim Closs, CTO