Minecraft is a multi-player game about building and placing blocks in a three-dimensional environment. Bukkit is a free, open source project that provides the API and runtime to extend Minecraft. It is one of the most popular ways to write Minecraft mods.
This brand new workshop will teach how to write Minecraft mods using Bukkit. Some of the mods that we will build in the class are:
• Spawn NN flaming pigs where you are, on fire for 30 secs, die afterwards
• When an entity dies by fire, lightning will strike
• Place leaves on TNT makes it into a creeper
• New command to create a tower of different materials where ever the player is
We will also teach how to run a local Bukkit server.
Have you always wondered what it takes to write these mods ? This workshop is for you!
Parents can observe from back of the room and are required to stay through out the duration of workshop.
By registering for this meetup event, you are accepting the terms and conditions defined in media waiver.
• Each attendee must have a laptop (Windows or Mac only).
• At least 1GB of free disk space. If the laptop only has that much space, highly recommend freeing up some space for a better performance.
• 4GB of RAM would work, but 8GB is recommended. Higher memory will work, of course!
Please download and install the software as described here.
• Please make sure to bring a water bottle/snacks for the attendees.
• One registration will allow only one kid to participate. Parents are required to stay at the facility for the entire duration of the workspace and may observe from back of the room. There is wifi at the venue and so you may consider bringing your favorite device(s) to stay connected.
• Your meetup fees will cover the cost of a limited edition Devoxx4Kids t-shirt for the attendee.
IMPORTANT: Please make sure to read the media waiver.