addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Different Class Message Board › Different Class off to a flying start

Different Class off to a flying start

Rich C.
user 6331795
London, GB
We'd like to thank everyone who came along for the first Different Class session last night -- it went better than expected given that it's a new format for us, and we really enjoyed all the conversations we had would the ways those in power can legitimate their claims. The great contributions everyone made really helped to connect Weber's ideas with contemporary issues and events and sent us all away with a lot to think about.

We're very much looking forward to the next event in the series, and the last one for 2011, Should We Be Utopian?, on Monday 7 November, same time and place. Do join us if you can!
A former member
Post #: 2,838
Yesterday I responded to an email inviting me to join your meetup group and posted a discussion topic: Democracy, What democracy?

When I went onto the site to see if there were any replies today , I saw that the thread I opened had been deleted without explanation.

Was there some reason why discussion of what is popularly called democracy
is just a figment of the imagination and a deception by the Western capitalist elite?

Is describing democracy as an aspect of good governance not 'Utopian'?