Digital Video, Audio & Animation for Profit and Networking Message Board › FT Job: Video Editor
VA-12-0080: Video Editor
Location: Northern VA, Dulles Corridor
Clearance Required: TOP SECRET
Citizenship Required: US Citizen
Number of Positions: 1
Blackbird Technologies, Inc. is currently seeking a qualified media expert for the position of Video Editor to join a team of talented individuals in the Northern VA/Dulles Corridor area. The Video Editor
will work with in a collaborative post-production environment to produce and deliver professional quality media.
The main responsibilities of the Video Editor include, but are not limited to, the following:
•Assemble video, audio and graphics into dynamic visual content that supports the production objectives.
•Provide technical expertise and creative insight to staff and clients when consulting and coordinating current and upcoming media projects.
All qualified applicants will be required to submit samples of work to show their experience and creativity.
• US Citizenship
• TS security clearance
• 5+ years demonstrated professional experience working as a Video Editor utilizing Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere and/or AVID
• 3+ years of experience working within a television, video or digital media production environment
• Must possess the ability to translate creative concepts into dynamic visual content
• Knowledge of hardware and software required for video and audio format conversion and compression
• Must present a professional demeanor and be able to work and participate effectively within a team environment as well as independently
• Must possess strong communication skills, both written and verbal
• Must have the ability to manage priorities, meet deadlines and work well within a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
• Applicants will be required to submit examples of work by way of demo reel or online portfolio
• Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline (Production, Engineering, etc.)
• Experience with After Effects and Photoshop – CS6
• Video archive/library management experience
Blackbird Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees without regard to race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by state, local or federal law.
Click here to read more and apply online:
VA-12-0080: Video Editor