MOKAN Day Trippers Message Board › Sonoma/Napa Valley Wine Tasting Trip

Sonoma/Napa Valley Wine Tasting Trip

A former member
Post #: 23
Hey everyone! I have ALWAYS wanted to do a trip like this...fly into
San Fran and stay at some cool B&Bs in the Valley. I was really enchanted with a lot of the movies I've seen involving CA wine country, including Sideways, A Walk In The Clouds, Bottle Shock, etc. Yes, this is most definitely not a day trip...more like a very long weekend trip, but if we were to plan ahead, perhaps we could find a way to budget wisely. I'd be willing to put money on it that we could find Groupons or Amazon Local deals to use. I think it would be uber-cool. Thoughts??

A former member
Post #: 1
I would love this! San Fran is one of my favorite cities, and I've been to Napa as well. Not sure I can swing it, because I already have a two week trip planned up the coast of CA in July and one to NY in Oct. Would like to stay in the loop just in case, though.
Carol B.
CarolBunce
Kansas City, MO
Post #: 1
Of course, the trip is up to Rich, since he pays the bills! But I could go next Feburary, when I get my income tax return back. My budget is to tight for the remainder of the year. If my budget allow, the trip sounds fun.
Rich R.
user 17245041
Group Organizer
Kansas City, MO
Post #: 2
I'm game...post this suggestion.
A former member
Post #: 24
I went ahead and started doing a little research on this trip and man, it is EXPENSIVE. Hotels in the Napa Valley and the surrounding areas are mucho dinero indeed, like NYC-esque prices. Sorry to have thought it was do-able, everyone. :(( I will be sure to come up with some other, more affordable, budget-friendly trips that are of a greater distance.