Join us for this scenic URBAN HIKE, as we tour the Toronto Islands on this civic holiday, and enjoy some amazing views of Lake Ontario, the Toronto skyline, swans, Canadian geese, ducks and other wild animals. We will also take a quick tour of the Island Farm, with a wide variety of farm animals, including horses, goats, donkeys, ducks and peacocks!
All walking/ hiking levels welcome. We will take breaks along the way for beverages and/or washroom needs. Length: 10 Km.
Beginner -- all levels welcome!
WHAT TO BRING: Water (at least 1 L), hiking shoes/ boots, lunch and cash for ferry ticket and personal purchases.
POST-EVENT: Drinks/ food at a Harbourfront restaurant, OPTIONAL (around 3:00 PM)
Event conditional on weather. In the event of harsh weather, this walk will be cancelled or rescheduled.
*** PLEASE, BE ON TIME ***
We will not wait for anyone after 9:45 AM. It is not okay to join the event or call the Organizer after the event starts at 9:45 AM.
*** CLICK HERE for Google Map ***
* By Car: Parking is available 1 block north at Lakeshore and Bay, 1 block west on Queens Quay between Bay and York Sts, 1 block east opposite Toronto Star building adjacent to the old site of Captain Johns restaurant.
* By TTC: From Union Station, take the Bay Bus #6 southbound from the corner of Front and Bay to the Bay and Queen's Quay stop, or you can walk from Union Station to the Toronto Ferry Docks at the foot of Bay and Queen's Quay. Streetcar service may be unavailable due to road construction.
* Annual Membership Fee (AMF) or RSVP deposit: $5 per member - Learn more HERE
* Guest Fee: $2 per guest - Pay when you RSVP
* Event Fee: 0
* Ferry Ticket: $7 round-trip. To be purchased from the Ferry ticket booths
HOW TO PAY:
- If you use PayPal, just RSVP "Yes", and you will be directed to our group's PayPal page.
- OR contact the organizer via Meetup to discuss a different payment method. CLICK HERE to send an Email