Disneyland Fan Club Meetup Group Message Board › 4th of July idea

4th of July idea

Rob H.
user 7122737
Group Organizer
Fullerton, CA
Post #: 91
I think the best idea is to avoid the crowd at Disneyland and get a reservation at Carthay Circle restaurant in DCA for that evening (I just checked and they still have some openings right now). The fireworks are at 9:30 and are nicely visible from the north terrace, where they will also play the fireworks music.

Can't go on Thursday, July 4? No problem! Disneyland will be doing its "Fourth of July Concert in the Sky" fireworks all week, starting tonight (Monday July 1) through Sunday the 7th, so you can see the show any day during that week!
Nora M.
user 53938082
Huntington Beach, CA
Post #: 24
Is there a meetup for the 4th? I would love to go!
Rob H.
user 7122737
Group Organizer
Fullerton, CA
Post #: 92
Hi Nora, sorry, no, there's no Meetup. The 4th is too crazy. We've done them before on the 4th. It really involves some people getting there early and staking out space while other people wander in and out. Fun for the wanderers, but not so much for the people who spend hours trying to hold space for the group. Then at 7:00 the whole world arrives on Main Street and it just becomes a zoo. It's just not a good event for a large group. It's better for small groups of 2-4 people who try to find creative places to enjoy the fireworks from.
Rob H.
user 7122737
Group Organizer
Fullerton, CA
Post #: 93
In addition, I will say that Mary and I will be doing the Carthay thing on the evening of July 4, and while they still have reservations available people are welcome to join us and do the same. The Disney Dining reservation line is (714) 781-DINE. However, they only allow people who are buying meals to have access to the second floor where the terrace is, and meals run from about $30 on up. I think the food is pretty tasty, though, and worth the price when you consider the lovely ambience and so forth. https://disneyland.di...­
A former member
Post #: 13
I wish I could join you guys but have other plans...HAVE FUN!
Nora M.
user 53938082
Huntington Beach, CA
Post #: 25
Thanks, Rob, for all of the info!!! I am looking for something to do. Normally, Kevin & I go watch fireworks on the HB Pier, but guess our check got lost in the mail and never rec'd the tickets. Figured Disney would be a zoo, but thought fun. I will see if I can still get reservations at Carthay. Thanks again!
John C.
user 55326352
Fullerton, CA
Post #: 129
I will be there all day. It doesn't get crowded until late afternoon. I'll join Rob and Mary for dinner. Happy 4th of July Everyone.
Taca F.
user 6328612
Carson, CA
Post #: 44
I don't think the 4th is as crazy as it was when the special fireworks were ONLY on the 4th, now with the fireworks and WOC all week, it probably will still be crowded, but more doable. I was there on Monday and going again today and maybe tomorrow. I love the special stuff going on, want to watch the bands tomorrow. Also fireworks are legal where I live, Carson, and it becomes a warzone on the 4th, so like to NOT be home.
Merry A.
MerryAshley
Alameda, CA
Post #: 7
Wish I could join you at Carthay for dinner... I'll be renewing AND upgrading my pass in November to the Premium for sure so I don't miss things like this next year! sad Have a wonderful 4th!
Sue
user 95985492
Brea, CA
Post #: 4
There are no reservations left for 8:20 p.m. with Rob and Mary. My husband and I made a reservation for 8:10 p.m. Hoping to catch up with them while we're there. Happy 4th of July, all!