addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Disneyland Fan Club Meetup Group Message Board › Any suggestions for taking six year olds to Disneyland/CA?

Any suggestions for taking six year olds to Disneyland/CA?

Ed K.
user 26774022
Carlsbad, CA
Post #: 13
The twin girls are coming to visit and I am taking the family to Disneyland. At the last visit they were 4 years old and we enjoyed the classic Fantasyland rides like Casey Jr, Dumbo, It's a Small World, The carousel and the Storybook Land boats. I think they will enjoy Pooh, the Fantasy Faire and Ariel's Undersea Adventure. I am looking for suggestions on rides/food/shows and how to maximize the efficiency of the two days we have to visit the parks.
Rob H.
user 7122737
Group Organizer
Fullerton, CA
Post #: 94
I'm not a six year old, but if I were I'd probably have a lot of fun in Toontown. I think kids also enjoy meeting characters, like Merida, Rapunzel, Tigger and Pooh, the princesses in the new Fantasy Faire, and the usual gang of suspects that shows up at the Big Thunder Jamboree. The shows at the Jamboree and the Fantasy Faire are also great for kids.
A former member
Post #: 20
I'd like to add that since the new Monsters University movie is out, your girls might enjoy the Monsters, Inc. ride in California Adventure. It's really super with the room of moving doors. And, if they have watched the Cars movies, they will enjoy the rides in Cars Land.

As for the classics, have they ridden on the Autopia yet? Kids love to "drive." And a walk through Sleeping Beauty's castle is always fun for girls. It might be a little frightening because it's dark though. Good thing about that attraction is that there's rarely a line so you won't spend a lot of time waiting to enjoy it.
John C.
user 55326352
Fullerton, CA
Post #: 130
Dance with Disney at Stage 7 in California is a Lot of Fun. It's my Monster Inc. ride. Animation Academy is good to if they like to draw.
A former member
Post #: 22
Oh, that's right! They'll love Ariel's Grotto and Belle's library and maybe even the interactive Finding Nemo Crush interactive show. That's all in the animation building in CA. The girls can take a quiz to see which Disney character they're most like or hear their own voices in a movie. The grotto and the library are magical.
Nann P.
BabaNann
San Pablo, CA
Post #: 29
Hit up ebay to get a really inexpensive small lot of disney trading pins....pin trading with cast members is a fun way to have kids interact
Ed K.
user 26774022
Carlsbad, CA
Post #: 14
Thanks for your suggestions. I will incorporate as many as possible into our visit. We will be there Tuesday 7/9 and Friday 7/12. See you all soon at The Magic Kingdom.