addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Disneyland Fan Club Meetup Group Message Board › New Special Events - Suggestions Welcomed!

New Special Events - Suggestions Welcomed!

Rob H.
user 7122737
Group Organizer
Fullerton, CA
Post #: 102
With over 100 people RSVPed for the July "Day at Disneyland," it finally got through my thick skull that this group is too large and too active to limit to just one event per month.

So, step one, I will begin hosting our new "Nightriders" meetings in the evening (usually the 2nd Friday after our "Day at Disneyland" event). These will be held in the evening, starting at 6:00 pm in California Adventure. As DCA usually closes before Disneyland, we can cross over to Disneyland later on if we choose. Hopefully, these nighttime events will help us beat the heat and the crowds!

Step two, I will also be hosting a special event each month. These events might include: going during a weekday (avoid the weekend crowds!); special dress events, like dapper day; special foodie or show events, such as dinner at Blue Bayou and then watching Fantasmic and the fireworks; photography or character hunt events; and much more. We may also be lucky to find Club 33 events (hosted by Organizer Extraordinaire John) occasionally on the schedule.

I am open to any and all suggestions for special events! These will change every month, so all ideas are welcome!

In August, we already have our regular Sunday Day at Disneyland on the schedule for the 11th and the Friday night Nightriders event on the 23rd. Any suggestions for a special event that we might do in August?
Eileen L.
user 23912702
Anaheim, CA
Post #: 24
The Nightriders meetups are a great idea for the summertime! Yay! cool
Barbara i.
user 46074472
Orange, CA
Post #: 5
Great idea, Robb. I especially like the idea of a weekday visit to miss the weekend crowds, and I love the idea of an evening meetup. I will be there for sure:)
A former member
Post #: 1
Its August!!!! How about a picnic at Big Thunder Ranch? I know that they will reserve space there for groups!!!!
Winnie
WinnieRaks
Tustin, CA
Post #: 51
Someone had suggested a picnic in the Pirate's Lair or Tom Sawyer's Island. :) Oh and volunteering in creating Fan Club buttons for everyone, complete with glitters if anyone wants glitters. :)
A former member
Post #: 3
Winnie!!!! I think it would be so fun to do a picnic on Tom Sawyer Island!!! Such a cool little spot for that!! How cool!!! I'm looking forward to hopefully sporting one of your new glittery buttons soon!!! :) That's really awesome of you ;)
Lady E.
user 24610182
Ventura, CA
Post #: 10
Someone had suggested a picnic in the Pirate's Lair or Tom Sawyer's Island. :) Oh and volunteering in creating Fan Club buttons for everyone, complete with glitters if anyone wants glitters. :)
Winnie, I would love a button! That sounds cool.
Lady E.
user 24610182
Ventura, CA
Post #: 11
I think the idea of having more than one official meetup per month is a great idea! It's not always easy for me to join them, and the idea of a special event is a good idea too. Dinner at Blue Bayou sounds like fun!
Just keep us posted, Rob. I'm so glad you created this group. I've met great people here :)
Rob H.
user 7122737
Group Organizer
Fullerton, CA
Post #: 105
Thanks! We will be doing a few dinner-and-a-show (such as Blue Bayou and Fantasmic, or Carthay and World of Color) events after the summer ends.
A former member
Post #: 7
I think a scavenger hunt sounds fun
Photo, hidden Mickey's, trivia or
Where is this