Doctor Who Fans Unite Message Board › Meetup Cancelled: Classic Doctor Who at the Alamo Drafthouse Westlakes (Seco

Meetup Cancelled: Classic Doctor Who at the Alamo Drafthouse Westlakes (Second Doctor)

Tamara
user 40010742
San Antonio, TX
Through no fault of the Alamo Drafthouse or DWFU, I am sorry to inform you that our Classic Doctor Who showing for this Saturday has been canceled. We still have not received any official information, but as of this moment, it appears that the BBC is altering the viewing schedule for all Classic Doctor Who showings in the United States. All indications are that the Classic Doctor Who Showings will continue, but not on a monthly basis. I apologize for the late notice, but until half an hour ago, negotiations were still taking place in an effort to continue with tomorrow's planned event. We will be posting additional information as it becomes available and scheduling future events. Check back with us.
Classic Doctor Who at the Alamo Drafthouse Westlakes (Second Doctor), scheduled to occur on Saturday, February 23, 2013 4:00 PM has been cancelled. Please update your plans accordingly.

If you have further questions, you can email me through the Contact Us link on Meetup.
Simon B.
user 5666159
San Antonio, TX
Post #: 195
Any idea why the change? And I am reading too much into when I start suspecting that the intent all along was to stop screenings, first by making it a BBC sanctioned thing and focusing on the Classic series, then cut it back to less than monthly. I hope it's not the first step towards no more screening.
Simon B.
user 5666159
San Antonio, TX
Post #: 196
Any idea why the change? And I am reading too much into when I start suspecting that the intent all along was to stop screenings, first by making it a BBC sanctioned thing and focusing on the Classic series, then cut it back to less than monthly. I hope it's not the first step towards no more screening.