addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Doctor Who Fans Unite Message Board › A possible local PROMS style concert

A possible local PROMS style concert

James M. L.
HandsomeJim
San Antonio, TX
Post #: 25
My wife would like to try and do a PROMS style concert in San Antonio though she is unsure how to convince the other members of her Symphony group. I've explained the massive size of your group and the exposure but she was wondering if there were people who would dress up. People to help with video clips and things of the like. I figured I would just ask and see the response.
Jessica Caldwell L...
user 67967442
Corpus Christi, TX
Post #: 4
When would she like and is it like the Who prom they had in the UK recently? I know I'm down with dressing up :D U only live once!
James M. L.
HandsomeJim
San Antonio, TX
Post #: 26
Perhaps I misspoke. We are trying to do a symphony performance of the Doctor Who Music from the New series. We were wondering if there was any interest in such a performance in San Antonio. If there would be people who wanted to go or even dress for the event. Perhaps the use of the word PROMS threw people off. Not a Prom in the traditional High School Style. A performance of music with a symphony and a theme.
Jessica Caldwell L...
user 67967442
Corpus Christi, TX
Post #: 5
Ohhh, so You mean formal dress. I think the symphonic concert is also what took place in the UK if the videos I watched were correct. So has anyone else responded? And what all would the event entail and when?
Paul V.
PaulVaughnMacGuy
San Antonio, TX
Post #: 99
A Doctor Who musical performance sounds great!
Laura
user 104688742
San Antonio, TX
Post #: 1
That sounds wonderful! Count me in. :-)
Tamara
user 40010742
San Antonio, TX
Post #: 9
What was the verdict on getting this off the ground? I can do a tentative Meetup to better judge the interest, but in talking to people, I can assure you there definitely has been an enthusiastic response. I'm including footage from Tennant's segment from one of the Doctor Who Proms in the UK in this month's preshow, and as many people will probably be there in costume this month, it would be a great opportunity to promote it. One of our members already has a full-sized TARDIS and there's a dalek lurking around the local community as well. I think we could pull off a decent showing, especially as word of mouth grows. There's also a large community of Whovians in Austin and beyond we can reach out to as things really start to move forward into the 50th year.
James M. L.
HandsomeJim
San Antonio, TX
Post #: 27
So this is the situation so far. The conductor of the symphony thinks it is a good idea as long as we can put together an hours worth of music. We are scouring the internet to try and find pieces scored for an orchestra, we have also asked the BBC where to buy it, though we have yet to get a response. If you would post it as a tentative Meetup I would appreciate it. If you have a person who cuts your clips we would love to get their info, once we have pieces selected we are going to need intros or clips over the music. We also love the idea of the Tardis and the Dalek in the audience. I will keep you updated as more info becomes available.