Doctor Who Fans Unite Message Board › UPDATE- The Day of the Doctor: Doctor Who 50th Anniversary Celebration- Lion

UPDATE- The Day of the Doctor: Doctor Who 50th Anniversary Celebration- Lion and Rose

Tamara
user 40010742
San Antonio, TX
Fellow Whovians,
Just a few quick notes-

• We now have 172 members signed up to attend on Saturday, and while we're getting close to the restaurant's maximum occupancy of 215, we're still good.  Please keep your status updated so that I can give a fairly accurate count of how many people to expect on Saturday.
  • You can start arriving at 11:00 when the restaurant opens.  If you plan on eating or drinking while there, I'd suggest ordering before 1:30 to minimize disruption.
  • You do not have to eat or drink anything in order to attend.  This is a free Viewing Party, with similar arrangements to what we enjoy at the Rialto.
  • Please, be nice to the waitstaff.  I'm not worried that you won't be, since this is the nicest group of people I've ever encountered, but remember- we will be taking over the restaurant and disrupting their usual Saturday arrangements.  If the service is good, tip generously, if you're able.  We'd like to be welcomed back for future events. (Maybe a regular trivia night?)
  • It's going to be crowded- be friendly and invite people you see to join your table if you have a free seat. We're a nice bunch and this is an opportunity to get to know each other before and after the broadcast of The Day of the Doctor
  • It will be quiet during the broadcast of the actual 50th Anniversary episode.  While gasps of astonishment, tears of joy and other restrained appropriate responses are to be expected, please, out of respect to others, we're asking that we all stay quiet during the show.  Talk as much as you want during commercials, but if you need to take a call or debate the merits of the program before it's ended, step outside.  (Don't make me pull out my sonic on you, because if you've met me personally, you know I will.)
  • In addition to the Sonic Screwdrivers on the menu for us, the Lion and Rose has added a Gin Fez.  We drink Gin Fezes now- Gin Fezes are cool. They've also agreed to add a side of cheese or curry sauce to the Fish and Chips so we can pretend we're eating fish fingers and custard, with the added benefit that it will actually taste good.
  • Take pictures and post them to our Meetup afterwards! I'd like us to take a picture together, if possible, outside with their red phone booth at 12:00.
  • Finally- (WHEW!), we're looking for volunteers for Friday, November 22 to help with the Thanksgiving Banquet out at Boysville on 1604. You'll be serving dinner to the children at the facility and their guests at the celebration starting at 5:15.  It should be over around 8:30 or so and your dinner will be provided. If you're willing and able to help out or if you need more details, please contact me or Crystal through Meetup.

As always, thank you for your enthusiasm for Doctor Who and your patience with me.  This has been an unbelievable year for me- I'm so thankful for everything we've been able to do and it's all because of you.
Tamara
VP DW Fans Unite