Doctor Who Fans Unite Message Board › Thanks for Attending Tonight!

Thanks for Attending Tonight!

Tamara
user 40010742
San Antonio, TX
I wanted to thank everyone who made it out tonight to our Classic Who night for Terror of the Zygons.  It was great to see everyone and talk to all who hung around afterwards.  I appreciated you all coming out, especially as the weather turned cold and nasty.
I also appreciated everyone who updated their status if they couldn't make it for whatever reason.  It really helps me communicate with the Rialto, as they use our projected attendance to determine which theater to put us in each month.  They have been very generous in letting us use their facilities free of charge for our private meetings and we appreciate their decision to take a chance on our group.  Without their support, our group would have a difficult time finding an affordable meeting space.
A few quick notes-

• James suggested setting up a lending library for our members and even is willing to be the librarian.  Thoughts and suggestions are appreciated.  ( http://www.meetup.com...­)
  • We are considering doing an in-house Trivia Night for our members, perhaps meeting at Lion and Rose or another venue.  How many of you would be willing to get together, do a bit of trivia and gossip afterwards?  I am open to suggestions, but would like to start doing this by early summer.
  • Tickets for Gallifrey One go on sale Friday, March 21.  Check the website for more information.  Let's really have a great showing of SA Whovianism in LA in February next year!  (http://www.gallifreyo...­)
  • Comicpalooza in Houston in late May is doing their best to make this a special convention for Whovians.  If all goes as planned, they're trying for three classic doctors!  Check back for more information as it becomes available.

Finally, thanks to all who who were able to make a donation tonight.  It is not required for attendance or expected in any way, and any amount is gratefully accepted.  All proceeds go towards supporting our group activities, whether it be to purchase DVDs for showings, to make the giveaway buttons we've had in the past ( and I'm still going to do buttons for the First-Fifth Doctors to round out our collections, and a new one to welcome Capaldi in August) or getting other Whovian goodies for prizes in our Costume Contests, etc.  I'd especially like to thank Julissa and Christopher for their extreme generosity this evening.  You went way above and beyond and I thank you.
Thanks again, take care and hope to see you all next month!  Be a Whovangelical and convert a friend to bring with you in the future- the more, the merrier.
Tamara