Doctor Who Fans Unite Message Board › Classic Who showings?

Classic Who showings?

Mira
GallifreyForever
Waller, TX
Post #: 5
I heard that there are meetings where we see classic Who episodes. Is that correct? If so, I'd appreciate details.
DoctorWhoFansUnite...
DRWhoFansUnite
Group Organizer
San Antonio, TX
Post #: 38
I currently do not have night scheduled for the Classic episodes. For July we are having our 1 year anniversary so we are having a party as opposed to showing Classic Episodes. The party is Sunday July 19th.

In August we are having a Doctor Who Quiz Show. Several of our members created it and it is modeled after Scene It. It will include all 10 Doctors. I will be setting the date for the Quiz Show soon.

All of our showing at the Alamo Drafthouse are with the 9th & 10th Doctor and starting next year with the 11th.

In September we will resume showing Classic episodes at our meetings. If you have any suggestions please let me know.

Hope to meet you at an upcoming event!

Crystal Shedrock-Rangel
President
Doctor Who Fans Unite
www.DoctorWhoFansUnite.com
www.meetup.com/DoctorWhoFansUnite

Assistant Organizer
Worlds Collide
www.meetup.com/WorldsCollide
Mira
GallifreyForever
Waller, TX
Post #: 7
I look forward to the Quiz show--is it open participation or will contestants be chosen? I've a head for trivia, you see, and either way I'll enjoy it. I just hope I can come XD As I can't drive (and I'll be in Houston again), I hope my friend can get off work to come (he'd love it too).
Mira
GallifreyForever
Waller, TX
Post #: 8
As for classic episodes to suggest, I shall suggest my two most favorite of all Whodom and one that's nearly first:

The Deadly Assassin
The Trial of a Time Lord: The Ultimate Foe (parts 13-14)
The Two Doctors

I get chills just imagining the Fantasy Factory sign on a big screen!
Scott
user 2358695
Universal City, TX
Post #: 302
I look forward to the day when they have all of the Dr Who episodes on DVD (well, except for the early ones that were lost). There's a lot of classic episodes that I enjoy but there's also a good number of others that I get a nostalgic sense of pleasure from watching as well.

Also looking forward to the Quiz night at Mr Gattis. I just hope I don't embarass myself too badly! tongue
DoctorWhoFansUnite...
DRWhoFansUnite
Group Organizer
San Antonio, TX
Post #: 46
The missing episodes do exist in audio form. You need to talk to Ryan or Michael on the 14th about everything that is available from the Classic Series. I think it all does exist in some form.

Don't worry your own president has seen much of the Classic series, so I will fail miserably!

See you on the 15th!