align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

Doctor Who Fans Unite Message Board › More new news

More new news

Addy
user 9034370
San Antonio, TX
Post #: 64
Addy
user 9034370
San Antonio, TX
Post #: 65
A new logo?! biggrin This is exciting.

The BBC have announced on the official Doctor Who website that a new logo for the series will be revealed tomorrow morning at 8:00am UK time:
On one level, the logo is the iconic image that represents Doctor Who. But it's much more than that - it becomes an icon that is recognised from Cardiff to California, an emblem of excitement, humour, scary monsters, brave companions and the Doctor! And so the new logo must be stylish, fresh, distinctive and bold. Must be. And will be. See for yourself when we reveal it exclusively, on this site at 8am on Tuesday, 6th October!

There is also a video on the evolution of the Doctor Who logo to accompany the article.
Addy
user 9034370
San Antonio, TX
Post #: 66
http://www.youtube.co...­

Here it is. I think there is a title sequence but I can't get into it at the bbc site and gallifrey base.
Paul V.
PaulVaughnMacGuy
San Antonio, TX
Post #: 42
Really? DW in the shape of a Tardis? Was the logo design farmed out to Cardiff Community College? Color me skeptical until I see a super badass title sequence. They've got a lot of history to live up to.

Watching the current Doctor Who title sequence I still am amazed at how far the series has come from when I watched it in the 1970s. The combo of the tardis and logo whizzing through space along with the iconic music totally works for me. They better not screw this up. It's bad enough that the new doctor looks like he's 12.
DoctorWhoFansUnite...
DRWhoFansUnite
Group Organizer
San Antonio, TX
Post #: 47
Horrible, horrible, horrible is all I have to say about the new logo. I am a fan of the old. I loved the orange & black, it was amazing. This new one is awful. The 11th Doctor has some big shoes to fill and I am concerned that he won't be able to pull it off.
Linda S.
linda769
Universal City, TX
Post #: 1
I like it. DW in the shape of a Tartis. Simple, and so Dr Who.
Kassandra
Kassie_Chang
San Antonio, TX
Post #: 2
My Russell never would have allowed such a travesty. It smacks of needless over-the-top branding. The beautiful New Series logo and title sequence are on a level of greatness this sophomore effort can't aspire to touch. First the browless one and now this. Is there nothing sacred to the new production team? *Groan*
A former member
Post #: 1
I don't see the need for a new logo, but i guess I like it. But I wonder what people were saying about Tom Baker when he was about to take over the role? So bohemian in appearance and younger looking than any Doctor before him. And when Peter Davison came on, even younger and BLONDE, "You mean that veterinarian from Darrowby is going to fight the Daleks and Cyberman. He can barely shoe a horse."

All I'm saying is, this show is much more sacred to the brits than to us. Let's give them the benefit of the doubt about hiring Matt.

And yes, I'm a sucker for blondes. smile