Doctor Who Fans Unite Message Board › What Happened to the classic episode meetings

What Happened to the classic episode meetings

A former member
Post #: 4
The last time there was actually a classic doctor who viewing was back in Jan, what exactly happened that we haven't had one since then?
Mira
GallifreyForever
Waller, TX
Post #: 24
I've been wondering much the same thing. And while it's true that I may not be able to attend due to distance and other stuff, if it coincided with one of my trips I'd definitely go. In costume.

Was the turnout really too low to balance any costs there may have been or something?
A former member
Post #: 2
I'm interested in the classic episode meetings! Most of those are really great episodes, and I know a lot of members would really enjoy them--
DoctorWhoFansUnite...
DRWhoFansUnite
Group Organizer
San Antonio, TX
Post #: 62
We have started them up again by showing the 2 Doctor Who movies made in the 1960's. We will be continuing screening Classic Doctor Who every month at the Overtime theater. For August we will show the 8th Doctor Movie and in September we will resume with Classic Doctor Who episodes.
A former member
Post #: 3
Great! I'm glad you're showing the 8th Doctor movie! It's a good one!
Simon B.
user 5666159
San Antonio, TX
Post #: 109
The January classic ep screening was great- total MST3K treatment of "Warriors of The Deep".

Can't be helped- it was made in the 80s and the 80s attempts to look futuristic just demand to be riffed on. :-)

Simon