Dose of Music, founded in October 2009, is a 501(c)(3) non-profit charity organization established to provide happiness, comfort and assistance through music for children, teens, adults, families, friends, military troops, communities and anyone in need and/or faced with less fortunate circumstances.
Goals & Objectives:
* Music visits at hospitals, nursing/assisted living homes, group homes, troops/veterans, etc.
* Musical entertainment for benefits, fundraisers, disaster relief, charities, and other events.
* Fundraising opportunities for school music departments, benefits (local and national), non-profit charities, bands, musical artists, organizations, businesses, etc.
* Provide musical opportunities to those with low income and/or other hardships.
* Partnership opportunites for local and national musicians, bands, vocalists, singing groups, instrumentalists, music venues, theatres, etc.
* Philanthropic volunteer opportunities for individuals, students, companies, and more!
Dose of Music is inspired by Rachel, who passed away on June 8, 2007 at age 7. Rachel, was a martial arts student of Jason Hopp (Dose of Music Founder & CEO). Jason intended to make hospital visits to sing and play guitar for Rachel and the other children to provide a dose of happiness to help them forget about the pain of their illnesses, unfortunately, he lost his chance when Rachel lost her 5 year battle with cancer. Rachel and her family inspired Jason and so many others. Rachel’s example of how to stare what life gives you right in the face is a constant reminder of how to live and how great life is. Dose of Music will be spreading Rachel’s inspiration by giving back to others!
Dose of Music Logo:
The angel wings represent our mission of helping others and are inspired by Rachel, who is now our angel. Pink was Rachel’s favorite color so the halo just had to be "hot pink".
Dose of Music will be establishing relationships with non-profit charity professionals and volunteers, musicians, bands, vocalists, singing groups, instrumentalists, hospitals and nursing homes, music venues, etc. Feel free to contact us for more details.