I have met with Thad Rosenfeld of Meals on Wheels and More and I have decided that hosting a charity event for my birthday was the best thing I could do.
FREE Entry with a $5 recommend donation (All donations going to MOWAM).
I am working with great people from the following organizations to make this event successful:
• My Empire Group/Recess Arcade Bar (Venue, % of drink sales going to MOWAM, and being awesome)
• DJ OG Sprocket (Providing fantastic music)
• Tito’s Handmade Vodka (Helping us drink for a cause)
• RedBull (Helping us stay awake longer to party for a cause)
• Miller Coors (Helping us drink for a cause)
• Gravityman Pictures (Photo Booth and event pictures)
• Pulse ATX (Video recording, as well as questioning of the crowd)
If you are unable to attend the event don’t feel left out! Just go to this link and click on the “Donate Now” button.
MOWAM will take cash, check, money orders, AND Volunteers. They will have a table set up if you have questions about donating, volunteering, and their organization.
This year 2012, MOWAM celebrates 40 years of service in the Greater Austin area. What began as a program of eight volunteers serving 29 seniors has now expanded into a multi-service organization of nearly 7,000 volunteers reaching more than 5,000 of our Greater Austin neighbors in need.
Aside from preparing an average of 967,495 meals in 2011 year, MOWAM also offers many other programs designed to keep people healthy and living in their own homes.
MOWAM is a 501 c 3 organization and is independent and locally-run. We are a member of the Meals on Wheels Association of America, but receive no funds from it.
Please note: There will be guys/gals running around with cameras for film and pictures, try not to be camera shy.