addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Down the Shore Photography Guild Message Board › Announcing Down The Shore Photography Guild Community on Google +

Announcing Down The Shore Photography Guild Community on Google +

Sue S.
SueSchwer
Group Organizer
Point Pleasant Beach, NJ
We are taking the Down the Shore Photograph Guild to a new level of collaborative learning.

I’m happy to announce that we have started a Down the Shore Photography Guild Community Page on Google +. This facility gives us the ability to interact online in a collaborative learning environment. Through our community page we will have:

• Online workflow demonstrations and discussion groups on Google + Hangouts
  • Recorded demonstrations on demand through our youtube channel
  • Discussion threads by category
  • The ability to submit questions on software, equipment, locations ...
  • The ability to post images for critique

This will allow us to have a lot more events and interaction. We will also continue to hold our regular meetups for in-person interaction.

How to join

In order to join the DTSPG community you will need a google ID (same as gmail address).

• Whether you have an ID or not go to plus.google.com. You can log in using your gmail address and password.  If  you don't have a gmail address/ID you can get one at plus.google.com.
  • Once you are in google plus go to the left column and select communities.
  • In the search box located just above the suggested communities search for DTSPG and it will bring up our community.
  • Click on our community and you will be able to request to join.
  • Once approved by a moderator you can access the community and features.

How you will be notified of Hangouts

Hangouts allow us to conduct online real time video chats and seminars.

We will schedule online hangouts as an event on the DTSPG Google+ page. A hangout event will also be announced on  the Meetup site. Please note that in order to set up a meeting on the Meetup site we need to enter a physical location, do not pay attention to this location and do not show up at a physicallocation,   the meetup is online if the title says Hangout.

Volunteers Needed:

We need people to demonstrate their workflows and techniques. Some example topics we would like to cover are the various aspects of:

• HDR
  • Topaz
  • Nik
  • Lightroom
  • Photoshop
  • Photoshop Elements
  • Basics on exposure and composition
  • Low light photography
  • Flash
  • Pixelmation
  • Other ????????

The list is endless! Please go to the Hangouts category on the DTSPG community page on Google + to  make other suggestions or volunteer to give a presentation.

Typical Format of a Hangout

We will have a Facilitator and 1 to 3 Presenters. The audience will view the presentation through a live video feed.

Each presenter will use one of their images and walk through their workflow or demonstrate a specific feature of the software or technique we are presenting.

The audience can send questions through chat.

We can have up to 10 people participant in a hangout, however we can have an unlimited number of people view the presentation through a live streaming feed. After the event, the video of the hangout will be available through our youtube channel.

Get word out

Please spread the word about this. We would like to get our 360+ members on Google +.

Hope to see you at our next meetup and at our next hangout!

Sue Schwer

http://sueschwerphoto...­

Phil
Phil92
Monroe Township, NJ
Post #: 10
I did join the Google + community. I also am lost as how to use it. I for one need a tutorial as to how to post photos and comments. I have made a comment but it was just dumb luck. Oh yes also how to get to Google + in the first place.
Sue S.
SueSchwer
Group Organizer
Point Pleasant Beach, NJ
Post #: 96
Here's a link on how to use the basics of google +. We will have specific instructions on how to join a video conference on our page when we announce a session. http://www.stateofsea...­
Phil
Phil92
Monroe Township, NJ
Post #: 11
Thanks Sue. Viewed the site...now I am totally confused. Perhaps I am dense, I need step by step as to how to post photos. Thats just a start.
Sue S.
SueSchwer
Group Organizer
Point Pleasant Beach, NJ
Post #: 97
Here is a link to a free copy of What the Plus, https://ssl.gstatic.c...­
It goes over the basics of Google Plus. We will also be having a Google Plus Orientation session, however it will be conducted in a hangout on Google Plus so you have to be able to at least join our community and access the hangout. As we document guidelines I will post them to this site.
A former member
Post #: 1
thanks so much Sue...I am now following the guild on google!
Cindybiggrin