Downeast Humanists and Freethinkers Message Board › AHA speaker offered

AHA speaker offered

Nancy G.
user 8856801
Group Organizer
Bar Harbor, ME
Post #: 283
I have been in communication with someone from the AHA. They are offering us a speaker for an event in July or August, Luis Granados.

http://luisgranados.c...­
Abbie M.
downeastdance
Bangor, ME
Post #: 177
Sounds like an interesting guy. What would be the format? For our group, absolutely, yes. I am a little leery of putting him out as a public face, here in Maine, unless we have "vetted" him first, in person. What do you think?
Doug B.
user 8862280
Franklin, ME
Post #: 170
I'm not sure it would be necessary to do meet him. I'm pretty comfortable with a recomendation from AHA and a chance to read his blogs so we know the message and his approach.
Nancy G.
user 8856801
Group Organizer
Bar Harbor, ME
Post #: 284
I will bring this up at Sat.'s meeting. We have been offered Luis Granados for either July 6 or Aug. 3 and we need to decide whether to invite him. He does not require $ but of course would accept a contribution, and probably would appreciate an offer of a place to stay. Please check out his website and blog. Should we make this a public event?
Doug B.
user 8862280
Franklin, ME
Post #: 172
From what I've read, he seems like someone we should invite. I also think the talk (if we do it) should be something we invite the public to. Of course we would have to secure a place to do hold the event.