Downeast Humanists and Freethinkers Message Board › Atheist Super Bowl Commercial

Atheist Super Bowl Commercial

Renee
user 54714352
Bangor, ME
Post #: 7
Atheist SuperBowl Commercial - Best Commercial At The SuperBowl!
www.youtube.com

Give me your thoughts about this commercial!
Renee
user 54714352
Bangor, ME
Post #: 8

The above is the link to this commercial.
Nancy G.
user 8856801
Group Organizer
Bar Harbor, ME
Post #: 289
I do not watch the Superbowl but I read somewhere that an ad costs millions. Who paid for this? "Dare to think for yourself"--I love it. I will bet that the meaning of the last line, "We go one god further," is not understood by most people though.
Nancy G.
user 8856801
Group Organizer
Bar Harbor, ME
Post #: 290
Wait a second. Now I am reading that this commercial did NOT air. That it is a reworked version of a Scientology commercial??? I don't have time today but can someone untangle this???
Renee
user 54714352
Bangor, ME
Post #: 9
Hi, Nancy,
I will look further into this myself. I did not see the commercial myself during the Super Bowl. Someone said that it was because the commercial was was only shown in certain time zones. How disappointing that it may be a hoax!
Renee
user 54714352
Bangor, ME
Post #: 10
Yes, indeed, this is a retooled Scientology commercial. Just when I thought there was hope for humanity! LOL! I apologize for spreading misinformation. How awesome would it been if it was for real?
George S.
user 66135432
Ellsworth, ME
Post #: 2
I do like the ""We go one god further" message. I have heard it stated slightly differently before: "An atheist is someone who agrees with you about everyone else's gods and with everyone else about your god."
Amy E. T.
user 35268572
Ellsworth, ME
Post #: 11
Bummer! I really loved this and was hoping it was real. tongue