Nancy G.
user 8856801
Group Organizer
Bar Harbor, ME
Post #: 344
Doug, fantastic job! It is SO important to let our legislators know that we non-theists are out here! Being part of the Secular Coalition for Maine, the other groups starting up in the state, are both very positive signs. Without people like Doug agreeing to step up we would be virtually invisible. Speaking up more often empowers us. Not everyone is comfortable going to Augusta and actually testifying, so again thank you, Doug!
Doug B.
user 8862280
Franklin, ME
Post #: 243
Can't claim I was very "comfortable" but it did feel good to have been a part of the group effort coordinated by the MCLU and they seemed to appreciate our presence. However we really need to be able to be more diverse in delivering our message. I certainly don't mind being one of the faces of DHF or the SCMe. but we really need to be able to get more people familiar with the process and comfortable participating in it. I know this type of thing isn't for everyone but I also know most people underestimate their capacity to be effective. It does take practice and preparation but I really encourage everyone to give it a try sometime.
Diane G.
user 117947632
Ellsworth, ME
Post #: 1
Nicely said Doug!
Abbie M.
downeastah
Bangor, ME
Post #: 194
Hey, did you see this? http://counterculture...­

What a puff piece! Someone should contact the BDN and require equal column inches.
Doug B.
user 8862280
Franklin, ME
Post #: 244
Interesting blog. Certainly worth a comment or two. At least he's upfront about "looking for reasons to support" the bill.
Gabrielle G.
GabrielleGraham
Seal Cove, ME
Post #: 4
Very nice job, Doug. Thank you, once again, for taking on these difficult tasks.
Doug B.
user 8862280
Franklin, ME
Post #: 246
The Maine House this afternoon delivered the final blow to LD 1428 at least for this session. After being rejected by the Judiciary Comm. and the Senate the House vote was the last chance for proponents to salvage the bill. Thanks for the efforts our members put into defeating this.