addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Downeast Humanists and Freethinkers Message Board › New Skeptics Group in Orono

New Skeptics Group in Orono

Doug B.
user 8862280
Franklin, ME
Post #: 240
Check 'em out. First meeting is next Monday, the 27th at 6:30 in the Coe Room of the Memorial Union on the UMO Campus. Two of our current members are trying to get this group started so go like the page and if you're interested in going to the meeting I've got room for two more bodies in my car. (Doug 565-2226)

Skeptical ME
To promote Science, Reason, & Critical Thinking.
Education: 86 like this
Renee
user 54714352
Bangor, ME
Post #: 20
Hi, Doug,
Since we are still fairly new Mainers we are not familiar with the Campus grounds. Is the Memorial Union a Hall? We arrived at the Campus this evening but had no idea where to go. We had to admit defeat and go home! We are hoping for better luck next month!
Doug B.
user 8862280
Franklin, ME
Post #: 245
Hi Renee. Sorry you guys missed us. The campus can be confusing especially in the dark. The Memorial Union is the center of campus and anyone there should have been able to direct you. If you were near the Collins Center where shows and concerts are held you were very close. Next mtg. is on the 24th (GMO foods) so if you can't find a map or scout the location ahead of time give me a call and I'll try to walk you through it. 565-2226.
Doug B.
user 8862280
Franklin, ME
Post #: 248
WhenMonday
Time6:30pm until 8:00pm

Mostly Cloudy 28°F / 3°F
Description
Join the CMSS and UMaine SKeptics as we hear from Professor Denise Skonberg from the School of Food and Agriculture about the truth behind Genetically Modified Organisms (GMOs). There is a lot of hype and misinformation out there on this topic--come learn the facts!

We will again be meeting in the Coe Room on the 2nd floor of the Memorial Union at UMaine Orono!

Skeptical ME
Orono, Maine 04473
View Map · Get Directions
Abbie M.
downeastah
Bangor, ME
Post #: 195
Can't go to meeting, but very interested in what she has to say, and also where her funding comes from.