Downeast Humanists and Freethinkers Message Board › Secular Coalition for Maine Conf. Call

Secular Coalition for Maine Conf. Call

Doug B.
user 8862280
Franklin, ME
Post #: 247
Several people were not able to be on the Secular Coalition for Maine conference call yesterday and asked for an update.
Dick Springer has volunteered to serve as our Legislative Chair. Thanks Dick.
Discussed the fate of LD 1428 (dead) and thought it might be a good idea to send a letter to the editor thanking those in Augusta who supported our position. I'll try to get to that.
Diane (from SCA) said the Model Secular Policy Guide booklets we ordered will be sent soon. There is a PDF available on their website secular.org.
Also the annual SCA lobby Day and Secular Summit in DC will be on June 12-14th this year. A great opportunity to learn how to be an effective advocate for our issues. Wish I could be there.
The next Maine Chapter conf. call is on March 20 at 6:00 pm. Same #, 1-530-881-1400 Participant code, 978895. Please join in.
Nancy G.
user 8856801
Group Organizer
Bar Harbor, ME
Post #: 346
Thanks, Doug, and Dick, for stepping up. It would be great if more people got involved. It's easy to join the conference call.