Frederick Art & Wine Lovers Message Board › THIS Saturday, Chilean Wines & ART!!!!

THIS Saturday, Chilean Wines & ART!!!!

Gladden O.
user 4948947
Frederick, MD

Yes, it's THIS Saturday night! Just in case you forgot or were blinded by the recent sunshine and couldn't read your calendar!

Downtown Frederick Art & Wine Lovers monthly event will be:

April, 30th, 7 - 10 PM, at Gallery G

103 Linden Avenue, Frederick (our usual venue) $10 pp at the door or by PayPal if you are a group member.

We have scaled back a bit this month and have only 2 artists, since we can no longer pound nails in all the walls wherever we like (wasn't that fun while it lasted??) Both Linda Sherman and Hilary Lumb explore the abstract side of art using acrylics on canvas; each with their very own perspective.

Featured Wines this month will from be Chile!

South America is becoming a force in the world of wine and it should be a real treat to try some of these wines you may not have heard of. Joe and Sonja Harsch have graciously offered to be the Wine Hosts for the evening.

"Martini Madness" Photo Challenge is ON!

and yes! if you remembered to bring your camera last month and took advantage of the photo shoot (or even if you took your own shot at home and emailed it to me) the challenge is definitely ON! If you haven't sent me your photo yet - hurry up! "Hit me with your best shot" before Friday (in jpg or pdf file please) and I'll be printing them all out and displaying in one room so we can all vote on the BIG WINNER. I still have no idea what the prize will be - but I promise it will be fun. At the very least, you'll win big bragging rights at all future events!

If you didn't get a chance to read the GREAT article that Adrienne Lawrence of the Frederick News Post wrote about our group, I'll have a copy for you to see at the party.

Thank you all for being a part of this effort to support the Artist community in Frederick. If you would like to join the meetup group so that you won't miss any future announcements about featured local artists and monthly events, please see our website and as always, if you know of a local artist who would like to be involved in a future event, have them contact me.

www.meetup.com/downtown-frederick-art-wine-lovers/­

peace, love and ART!

Gladden

Mark P.
user 11016568
Frederick, MD
Post #: 25
Theresa and I had a wonderful time - Thank You