Dream Research and Lucid Dreams Message Board › Shared dream

Shared dream

Scott Galloway S.
user 10192926
Metairie, LA
Post #: 3
Fellow Dreamers!
I returned to the dream room at 3 and no one was there but I could hear voices and see shadows.
The dream object had been moved to the north about 3 feet.
I went to leave but I could not find my car! I then remembered that I did not drive to the room.
Jeff T.
JeffTeach
Group Organizer
New Orleans, LA
Post #: 37
So cool. Wish I could jump into that room the same night. Either I didn't or did but don't remember....

The dream goal of coming into the room is a great one, and I look forward to seeing if we can achieve being in the room, especially seeing the dream object.

Wanting to see if we can find stuff on the web that shares techniques for group induction of a shared dream.

Here are some links about this:
http://hyperritual.co...­
http://www.spiritwatc...­

- Jeff Teach

A former member
Post #: 1
Scott, stop looking for your car...oh you can't...well can you substitute something else that would be more enjoyable to be looking for then you would have endless happy dreams of the object/person you are looking for. So who moved the object and will admit it?

I had an endless dream about my past as an engineer which I quit doing many years ago cause I didn't like it. Go figure.
sue p.
SueP
New Orleans, LA
Post #: 14
Scott,

That is so great that you got to the room! I think the movement of the object to the
north might possibly be because we were discussing directions because of something
Mike said. We'll all get there eventually.

Sue
A former member
Post #: 1
You returned to the dream where you couldn't find your car, only to realize you didn't drive there. That has to mean something! I returned to my dream where everything on my back porch and small garden was gone. All the plants, the furniture, everything! It was extremely vivid this time, and I felt more of the emotions this time, not just the visual images. It was so real, I couldn't sleep past 5am, got up, went to the kitchen, turned on the back porch light, as it was still dark, and peeked out the window to make sure it was actually a dream. This dream, however, just like Scott's, had a different ending. In this dream, my best friend, who lives in England, made a surprise visit, and though I was terribly down and upset over the theft of all my precious flowers and new outdoor furniture, her being there for me was such a comfort. It was her presence in the dream that made me realize I might be dreaming of the loss of something special to me, because I'm currently in a tenuous situation with a friend, who I might lose. For a few months now, I have been thinking it wasn't worth the effort to remain friends with her. We didn't see eye to eye on so much, and it's hard being her friend, unlike all my other friends, so, I have been deciding if I should just let my friendship with her go. What do you think?
sue p.
SueP
New Orleans, LA
Post #: 16
Hey, Lene.

Here is what I think: Let her go. Friendships shouldn't be work. After Katrina, it was
so much easier to stop trying with a couple of friendships that were "hard." I realized
they weren't uplifting me or the other person. Usually there's some element of
codependency and/or manipulation on someone's part in those friendships, which
makes them tedius and uncomfortable. All it took was not returning a couple of phone
calls. I actually ran in to one of them not long ago and we were cordial, caught up on
our respective families and said good-bye. I don't think she's missed me any more than
I have her.

Let it go. Life's too short for all that.

Sue
A former member
Post #: 2
Thanks, Sue, for your input. At my age, I've seen a lot of friends come and go. It's the nature of the beast. This particular friend, though an amazing person, who has enriched my life in countless ways, maybe, has served her purpose in my life. That has happened to me before, and when the situation occurred in my younger days, it was hard to handle. I understand now, that every one and every thing has a reason, and a season. I do not want to lose her, she enriches my life still, but I have "let go" of some aspects of our friendship. It will be a more shallow friendship, but I can deal with her best on that level. Thanks again, your insight was what I was thinking of doing. Looking forward to seeing you again at the dream meeting. Arlene
Scott Galloway S.
user 10192926
Metairie, LA
Post #: 4
Lene and Sue,
After reading your messages I feel like I am evesdropping on a conversation.
I have traveled a different path than most of my friends who have had children.
A true friend will remain a friend no matter how far away they are and how much
time has passed. I dream of friends that I have not seen in years. New friends are
coming into your life frequently. Just look at all your new friends in the dream team!
I believe I will be friends with all of you, even when I depart on the dream of no return.
By the way, has anybody seen my car?
Scott
sue p.
SueP
New Orleans, LA
Post #: 17
Scott,
I absolutely agree that a true friend will remain a friend. I've mentioned
frequent dreams of my friend from seventh grade -- which was many years
ago. I just believe that friends should uplift each other, not the opposite.
Some of mine had gotten to be anxiety producing kinds of things and life
is just too short for that. I don't blame them or myself as it was a mutual
unhappiness with each other. Katrina made it easy to let them go.

I think we'll be friends until the "big" dream, too, but I don't know if about the
no return thing. I may come visit.
Sorry, haven't seen the car, keep looking.
I'll have to miss movie night. See you at next meeting.
Sue
A former member
Post #: 3
Scott and Sue, I learned so much from your input and insights. Thank you. The friend I speak of will always be my friend. We have gone too far together on our journey to break the bond we share. What has happened is just another shift in our relationship, and we will be stronger for it once we resolve the issues before us right now. Our love and respect for each other is solid. Our problems come from different styles of communication. So, I'm educating myself about that. It's not just that men are from Mars, and women from Venus, sometimes those of the same sex have challenges understanding what the other says and feels. It's a challenge, this road we share, but whenever I feel like giving up, my love for her keeps me bonded to her, and willing to make the effort to keep us together and happy. She is so lovable, but much more complex than I am. She's always been a challenge to get to know, and after 9 years as friends, I am still learning how she thinks and sees the world. A funny note...she was once my psychotherapist! After therapy ended, we remained friends. Once I knew her personaly, I realized she was more fucked up...excuse my French...than I ever was. Lol. Our roles since therapy have changed dramatically, and I have become the teacher, and she the student. We learn a lot from each other, always have, only sometimes the lessons are very challenging. We're in the midst of one of those challenges. Thank God all my other friends are so easy to be with and love. No effort at all. We are always on the same page. But I do love the challenges with this complex friend. In trying to understand her, I learn more about myself. Ske keeps me growing, and that is her purpose in my life.
See you both at the next meeting, Lene