Dream Research and Lucid Dreams Message Board › Jung and astrology

Jung and astrology

sue p.
SueP
New Orleans, LA
Post #: 21
CARL JUNG AND ASTROLOGY

By Monica Ann Wallach, www.MonicaWallach.com

Carl Gustav Jung, a Swiss psychologist and psychiatrist, is considered the founder of analytic psychology. He also had an interest in astrology. The following is excerpted from the Larousse Encyclopedia of Astrology by Jean-Louis Brau, Helen Weaver, and Allan Edmands:

Jung cast horoscopes of his patients and used them to help diagnose their problems. He made a statistical study of the relationships between the horoscopes of marriage partners. . . . In an interview in 1954 he said, "There are many analogies which can be made between the horoscope and the character disposition. There is even the possibility of certain predictive powers. The horoscope seems to correspond to psychic archetypes." And in Modern Man in Search of a Soul he wrote, "We are born at a given moment, in a given place, and we have, like the best wines, the quality of the year and the season which witness our birth."

Astrology has incredible value as a tool for self-analysis. For example,I was working with a client in her early fifties who had a predominance of Sagittarian energy in her chart. Since such people often love to see the world, I asked if she'd been an avid traveler. "Well, for the last five years I sure have." "Why just the last five years?" I asked. She replied, "That's when I first consulted with an astrologer, who told me the same thing you're telling me. I'd never traveled before, but since then, I've been all over the world and loved every minute of it!" This story echoes my own astonishment when the first astrologer I ever visited told me I was very intuitive and would make a good astrologer. This was news to me, since my prior career was as a corporate lawyer. Having focused all my energy on law, I'd never tapped into any of those talents before.

Astrology can help you understand and develop to your full potential. I was once working with a client whose birth chart indicated he would make a successful business owner. All his life, he had worked for other people, never getting the recognition or rewards he deserved. Deep down, he knew he had the capability of running his own business, but the confirmation of that fact offered by astrology was a powerful catalyst in helping him go for his dreams. He opened his own business and is doing very well.

As Carl Jung recognized, astrology can be used as an important tool for self-growth and self-awareness. This is one of the gifts of astrology -- the birth chart offers incredible insight into your personality, your strengths, and your capabilities.