addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Dream Research and Lucid Dreams Message Board › Dream control

Dream control

sue p.
SueP
New Orleans, LA
Post #: 24
I liked this bit of information. More and more belief is everything! I especially liked the idea of calling someone you are looking for in dream. Sue

A common misconception about dream control is that is it instantaneous and will always work the way you expect it to. This is just not so--the mind is far too complex for things to work that way. While it is a good general rule to have confidence in yourself and believe you can accomplish your goals, sometimes you still may need to practice certain kinds of dream control.
In the beginning you may be able to exert some control in your dreams, such as changing the scene or situation, or controlling your own actions, but it will likely take you awhile to gain complete control of your dreams. This is due to the fact that it can be difficult to determine how much force to put into trying to change something. Sometimes the changes will occur easily; other times you may get frustrated if what you want to happen doesn’t. It is essential that you don’t allow yourself to become too aggressive or frustrated with your attempts at dream control because if you do you’ll likely wake yourself up.

In order to be successful at changing your dreams you have to believe it is possible. If you’re trying to do something in your dream that you don’t really believe is possible, then chances are you will be unsuccessful. You must convince yourself that you are in control and anything you want is possible. Since too much force will simply cause you to awaken, begin by calmly trying to change aspects of your dream—just think about what you want to change, and try to picture it happening. For instance, you could imagine a bolt of electricity flying out of your hand, or even something much simpler like a giant sundae materializing before you. Keep in mind that you should build up to trying more adventurous things, such as the ever-popular flying. If your attempts don’t work, try changing something else. If still your efforts at dream control are futile, try instead to simply go along with the dream and practice controlling your own actions instead.

Deam spinning and verbal commands can aid in dream control. Again, dream spinning will allow you to change your dream setting. If your dream begins to wildly careen out of your control, try spinning and picturing your desired dream as you do so. Verbal commands are generally the best way to exert control in your dreams. If you want something to happen, say it out loud: if you want to be 12 feet tall, just say it. Repeat your desire over and over, and picture it in your head.

Sometimes—and you’ll figure this out as you go along—you have to become a little creative when trying to exert your will in your dream. For instance, are you trying to find someone in your dream but not having any luck? Try picking up the phone and calling him or her…he or she may just appear right in front of you. Actually wishing for someone or something to magically appear right in front of you can be difficult. Instead, either try closing your eyes and envisioning him or her appearing, or tell yourself that he or she will appear as soon as you go around a corner.

Remember that you are in complete control once you become lucid, but again it will take a while to be able to wield this power properly. Don’t allow yourself to become overcome with emotion if you find yourself in a distressing situation: always remember that dream spinning can quickly bail you out of anything. Also, remind yourself constantly that you are in control—if you are able to maintain this attitude, you will likely be able to free yourself from precarious situations and change your dreams completely.

Scott Galloway S.
user 10192926
Metairie, LA
Post #: 7
Of course, I disagree. Controlling your dreams oppresses your sub-conscience mind. It is like going to
a movie you made yourself. Perhaps a better word would be to guide your dream. I can go along with
that concept as you are letting your sub-conscience play but you are not going into that dark room without
a flashlight. When my sub-conscience starts creating a bummer scene I wake myself up (look to see if my car is still where I parked it) and think about that woman I met in the wine department at Dorignac's. I suggested Zinfindel with the liver she was going to cook instead of the Chianti. It also goes well with fava beans. I imagined she accepted an invite to my place for dinner and went back to sleep to let it happen. We had champagne and pop tarts in a bubble bath. They were multi-grain pop tarts made with Splenda.
So just gently guide your dreams and let your sub-conscience come out and play!
Greg
user 10245360
New Orleans, LA
Post #: 7
Whether you are controlling or guiding your dreams, I don't see anything wrong with either scenario. What bothers me is the idea that we must be casual observers of our dreams, thus barring the dreamer from coming awake within the dream and participating in activities desired. This is the perfect area for experimentation with an idea or action, because we are free of having to suffer any of the less favorable consequences of the physical world. I think that in large part we have created artificial barriers or divisions between what we consider the conscious and subconscious mind. To have a desires of wanting to go out and fly, see loved ones, or just do as you please are all very natural when carried out consciously in our dreams. In fact, having and recalling such an experience always proves itself to be the precursor for a very excellent and enriching day for me. If we are not living the lives of our dreams, then what point is there to our existence? Depending on your beliefs, you may participate in self-denial and lead an ascetic lifestyle in hopes of achieving a "purity" worthy of entrance into a heavenly paradise or another favorable after-death locale. You may also believe that there is no point in life to begin with and that any pursuit is pointless and that life is generally meaningless. In either case, you create for yourself barriers to your own fulfillment.

We are all psychic beings composed of psychic energy, and that psychic energy is as spontaneous as the atoms and molecules that compose our physical image. When we free our spontaneous and psychic selves, we are capable of all that we consider. To create divisions between that which is acceptable and that which is not, barring homicide, is an endeavor too ignorant for the grand scale of the universe to consider. This is an even more interesting thought to ruminate over when you consider the prevalent theory of the expanding universe.
Scott Galloway S.
user 10192926
Metairie, LA
Post #: 8
What I have been reading is spectacular derived from deep though and a gift of insight. I appreciate the differing points of view which are enlightening. We have great power in our group of talented visionaries.
My daydreams are controlled much as I control my conscience thought. It is through my daydreams that my creativity flows. My daydreams set the course and speed of my sleep dreams at the beginning of the journey but once launched into the energy world/infinity of the expanding universe the helm is abandoned and I sit in my deck chair while the ebbs, flows, tidal currents and other energy sources lead me on a fantastic voyage
that leave me astounded, breathless, enlightened and very amused. The possibility for creative thought and imagination is endless with no boundaries. Why would I want to control anything but the initial direction of my intention?
When I leave my physical body at the time of my death, I will have full control of my dreams and wonderful memories of the wild ride my sub-conscience gave me during my physical existence. It is going to be great to move to anywhere in the universe in the time it takes to think of the destination!