add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

Dream Research and Lucid Dreams Message Board › Lucid Dream Induction Devices

Lucid Dream Induction Devices

Jeff T.
Group Organizer
New Orleans, LA
Post #: 49
I just received an email from a friend about a sleep mask just developed that can help induce lucid dreams, using blinking red LED lights from a position over the eyelids.­

It reminded me of another device I had bought a long time ago that does the same thing. So I Googled it and saw that there are other devices more sophisticated. One such device allows feedback from the dreamer, and also has the ability to play audio to help induce the lucid dream state.­

A great website, The World of Lucid Dreaming, has a section discussing the various lucid dream machines.­

What I propose is our core meetup group takes up a collection to share in the purchase, and buys one of these devices to loan out to members.

- Jeff Teachworth
Group Organizer
Scott Galloway S.
user 10192926
Metairie, LA
Post #: 10
This is a good idea and I am in! I had hypno-therapy that used this device and earphones. The
therapy was very successful and after awhile, I no longer needed the device or headphones. I
bet it will be the same with this machine.
A former member
Post #: 4
My daughter purchased one of those devices. She said that it takes awhile to make the proper adjustments so that it isn't constantly waking you up. It has sensitivity adjustments for the lights and sound. She wound up sending it back after 30 days because she just couldn't find the proper adjustment and it kept waking up her husband more than her! Lol! Maybe the device you are suggesting is different. Hers was pretty expensive. Namaste!
Scott Galloway S.
user 10192926
Metairie, LA
Post #: 11
I am surprised there is no automatic shut-off for the device. It would seem once you get to
the level you are seeking you would stay there without additional assistance. Once you have
been there, your body and mind will be able to reach that state without assistance. It is like
muscle memory in your golf swing!
A former member
Post #: 5
It starts to awaken you when you go into REM sleep which happens several times during the night. I will check with her as to what brand and other details about the device she had purchased. I know she did extensive research before she made the purchase. As for The golf swing... I know all the proper mechanics but my muscles just can't seem to remember all that information! Ha! Happy day!