About Startup Academy:
The Dreamstake Academy has been launched with the mission to provide teaching and guidance to startup entrepreneurs on a range of relevant topics.
"Because the purpose of business is to create and keep a customer, the business enterprise has two and only two basic functions: marketing and innovation. Marketing and innovation produce results; all the rest are costs. Marketing is the distinguishing, unique function of the business."
Marketing is no longer a siloed function but a pervasive mindset that needs to be embraced by the organisation as a whole; it is an enabler, not a cost-center. Marketing drives growth.
‘The Lean, Bootstrapped Guide to Marketing’ will provide a whistle-stop tour of some of the key principles and practices for marketing in the new age.
We will look at marketing through the lens of the Lean Startup rather than the corporate brand: how to seed, develop and retain a unique and compelling customer experience in an age where customers are more aware, savvy, empowered and connected than ever before.
Further, the course will outline an insight at how to use and maximize the most valuable resource available to today’s marketer, existing customers, to create advocates, evangelists and raving fans.
John Webb is Cloud Marketing Director for leading web hosting provider Rackspace, having previously led Marketing at Rockstar Games (Grand Theft Auto, Max Payne, Red Dead Redemption), Yahoo! and Heinz. John devises integrated, insight-driven marketing strategies for businesses in high-growth sectors driving brand relevance, engagement and value across the customer journey to maximise ROI, sales and customer experiences. He blogs on marketing strategy and innovation at in2-marketing.com; you can follow him on Twitter @WebbJS , LinkedIn uk.linkedin.com/in/johnwebb, or on Dreamstake.
This course will outline some of the latest thinking on marketing and how it can be used to drive innovation, competitive advantage and customer experience. It will provide a series of models and concepts that will help the business to frame its marketing activities, and to maximize the resources that it has available to it. In so doing, it will explore methods for generating brand awareness, acquiring and activating customers, building retention and ultimately gaining customer evangelism.
Workshop will include a talk / presentation with substantial time dedicated to discussion and debate designed to enhance the learning process.
1. The Seven Ages of Marketing
2. Strategies, Plans and Tactics
3. Beyond The Funnel - The Marketing Hourglass
4. Keeping It Simple - The AAA Model
5. Building Blocks > Marketing Isn’t A Function > Always On > Customers - Be Clear and Know Them Intimately > Developing a Value Proposition
6. Build a TOE - Total Online Experience
7. Content Strategy > Content Creation and Curation > Content Channels > Proliferation - The 5th ‘P’ of Marketing > Content + Context = Mass Personalisation
8. Engagement Is The New Awareness > The Brand Engagement Cycle
9. Developing Thought Leadership
11. Nurture Marketing
12. The VAULT CRM Model
13. Creating Reasons To Return
14. Turning Customers Into Evangelists
15. Brand Evolution