Drinks for a Cause Message Board › Excellent Opportunity!

Excellent Opportunity!

A former member
Post #: 194
I apologize for the very vague "subject" line but I'm a bit brain-dead in that I just cannot figure out how to word this! I'll start off by stating that this opportunity is for anyone with experience or familiarity working with vendors at an event. If this does not apply to you then there is no need to read any further.

As you are most likely aware by now, I am helping out with an upcoming event entitled "SINGLEarity - a Can't-be-Missed Mix, Mingle, Meet and Learn PARTY!!" I have ended up taking on quite a bit of responsibility (but for me that is always a good thing because I end up learning so much!). There is, however, one area I definitely need assistance with as I will be busy the day of the event with speaking and coordinating mixers, so I am looking for someone who can act as a sort of "liason" for vendors - monitoring the vendor tent and answering any questions/addressing any concerns during the day as they arise (from 9:00 to 5:00). General qualifications are as follows:

1. Familiarity with the general needs of vendors based on product/service

a. Do they require a space with electrical outlets?

b. Make sure they bring their company banner

c. The amout of space they will need for their spot

d. What type of insurance they have

2. Of course, courtesy and professionalism (as well as patience) are necessary qualities, as well as the ability to work under pressure if a vendor is, for some reason, a bit "difficult."

I am open to working with more than one person in this regad - for instance, if you are interested but can only work a morning shift of four hours then another peson may be able to fill in for the afternoon.

[u]COMPENSATION: You will get free admission to the event (which runs until 1:00 a.m. - so you would get dinner, a comedy show, dancing/listening to a live band, and partaking in whatever mixers you would like). If shifts are split you will also be able to take in seminars and possibly even speed dating.

Please either write me for more details at MoQSwan@gmail.com as time is of the essence! If you have not viewed the posting for this event yet, it takes place on Saturday, April 9th, at the Mermaid (there is a convention area on the bottom level - the bowling alley and restaurant are what make up the top level).

Thanks so much!!

Monique