Announcing a new Meetup for Silicon Valley Drupal User Group!What
: Performance of Drupal SitesWhen
: Friday, August 6,[masked]:30 PMWhere
: Hall 106
2505 Augustine Drive, Suite 100 UCSC Extension in Silicon Valley
Santa Clara, CA 95054
August 6th, 2010 Silicon Valley Drupal User Group
meeting is planned on "How to Improve the performance of Drupal sites"
- Optimization techniques
- Performance parameters
- Tips and tricks
- Do`s and Dont`s associated with performance of Site
- Know your server and define it well based on performance expectation
- Modules and coding practices specific to Drupal
Discussions with:Kieran Lal
: Kieran Lal is a Drupal community adventure guide at Acquia and Board Member at Drupal Association.
He also contributes as Drupal.org redesign lead, infrastructure team and fundraiser, admin,security and testing coordinator at Drupal.org
- Discussion with Kieran Lal. Performance Optimization and latest updates on Drupal 7 and current, Performance improvement features:
- Drupal caching: pages, blocks, views, etc
- PHP memory usage
- MySQL queries
- About Core and performance specific improvements in D7
- Module selection and activation
- 3rd party scripts and styles
- Use of asynchronous requests
- Gzip compression
- Core search in use
- Enabled Apache & PHP modules
- Representative page inspection
- Load testing
- Views query performance
- Monitor server load
- Database engine
Mike Mayo : Mike has been an evangelist and a contributor to open source projects, He would field the hosting queries and may demonstrate the best practices and scenarios and discuss eco systems fit for your Drupal sites.
Mike is a mobile developer too and gets the credit to build the Rackspace and Slicehost apps for iPhone, iPad, and Android.
- Scalability pointers from server side: Chef to setup Drupal clusters in the cloud.
Also, Halosys engineers will demonstrate few recent launches and how they achieved the drastic improvement in performance of Drupal sites.
RSVP to this Meetup: