Dear DCNers & Chinese Language & Culture lover, The 2nd Meetup of DCN has been finalized with the detail below:
As Chinese New year is around the corner now, I believe everyone is ready for the celebrating. Let us recap what we learned during our first Meetup, that Chinese New Year is the most important and, at 15 days, the longest holiday in China. Chinese New Year begins on the first day of the lunar calendar, so it is also called Lunar New Year, and it is considered the beginning of spring, so it is also called Spring Festival, and it ends with celebrating of Lantern Festival. This year the Lantern Festival is falling on February 24th, and it marks the last day of the Chinese New Year season. Therefore, we will celebrate Chinese New Year as well as Lantern festival in this Meetup.
Where we are : China Sea Restaurant
What Time : 700pm - 930pm @ 23rd February; the last 2nd day of Chinese New year, Saturday
What we do:
1. Networking and discussion- Topic to be discussing:
- Practice what we have learned during last Meetup - use Mandarin Chinese greeting each other ‘Happy Chinese New Year?’
- Share your experience gained this year for the Customs and Traditions to Celebrate Chinese New Year;
-How to celebrating Chinese Lantern Festival;
- What special food for Lantern Festival Chinese?
- ALSO, We will learn a few new Mandarin Chinese words related to holiday season and celebrating
2. Having fun - The most important fun to us – trying chopstick – with authentic Chinese dinner
What we will eat : our complete dinner Manu is below:
1、甜酸虾仁Sweet and sour shrimps ;
2.宫保鸡丁Spicy diced chicken w/ peanuts
3.竹香牛肉Fried beef w/ pancake & spring onion & cucumber
4.麻婆豆腐Mapo Tofu 5.铁板海三鲜Sizzling three kinds of seafood
6.腰果西芹Fried celery w/ cashew nut
8.油泼鱼片Steamed fish fillet 9.葱 油 饼Scallion cake
10.酸 辣 汤 Hot and sour soup 11.蛋 炒 饭(fry rice) ;
12、三素水饺 (Vegetable Dumpling)
13、精美果盘 (Mix Fruits plate)
14、中国茶水和冰水 (Chinese Tea * Ice water）
What we should return: The cover change is AED 50.00 exclude soft drinks that cost we should look after. We will pay it to DCN ambassador before the event at the venue entrance.
Our event is non-profit social activity to aim at build up a platform for Chinese language and culture lover to learn to share the information and the knowledge.
Your advice and suggestion is important to me. Please feel free to tell us what your thought about our meetup is.
I look forward to seeing you in our 2nd DCN meetup, cheers !
Many Thanks & warm regards