You may not realize it, but we are living in the middle of a Board Game Renaissance.
Beyond mass-market titles of some commercial games, a community of independent designers and publishers has been steadily producing innovative, exciting and beautiful games offering experiences beyond even those of the most sophisticated gaming hardware. Just to give a few examples: In The Settlers of Catan, players compete to colonize an island, building settlements, laying down roads and trading goods to build the most powerful faction. Pandemic casts players as a team of medics attempting to rid the planet of four deadly and highly infectious diseases. Dead of Winter challenges a group of survivors to stay alive in a world overrun by flesh-eating zombies.
There is a game for everyone.
This group is about Board Games, Card Games and War Games, which are different types of games.
A Board Game is, by definition, a game played on a board and there are thousands of them exist such as Ticket to Ride, Puerto Rico, Settlers of Catan, Pandemic, Caylus, El Grande, Maharaja, with different themes and mechanics such as Resource Allocation, Worker Placement, Area Control, Strategic and they are in different difficulty levels. Some Board Games are competitive and others are cooperative against the game itself. Some are mixed of both.
A Card Game is played by a deck of cards, some times with additional tokens. Card Games are designed based on different mechanics, some of them are based on drafting system and some are played by combo mechanism, some card games need deck building prior to use. The most famous games of these type are Dominion, 7 Wonders, Android-Netrunner and Star Realms.
A War Game is a game that deals with military operations of various types, real or fictional, as Avalon Hill's Panzerblitz, Rommel in the Desert, X-Wing, Warhammer, ...
Both newbies and experienced players are welcome. Even people who are new to the hobby are encouraged to sign up.
We don’t have many rules at Dubai Table Top Gaming, to avoid too much complications. We all gather in our sessions for fun, but there are few rules and regulations which are very important to be followed by all members to make our events smooth and joyful.
1. RSVP: Make sure you make a RSVP to any event you plan on attending. There are two ways that you are able to make an RSVP, either through this website http://www.meetup.com... or our Facebook page https://www.facebook..... All events are advertised in both meet up and Facebook page and you can RSVP in any of them. This is very essential, because spaces are limited and we would like to keep our events happy. Please do not attend without RSVP. Event Organizers have been instructed to ask people to leave if they are attending without a RSVP.
2. Board Games and Components: There is a collection of games available in each event which are brought by some of the group members voluntarily. You are allowed to borrow these games and play with them subjected to the game owner permission. The name of the game owner is written on or inside the box, or you can just ask for the owner. Games could be borrowed but games components must be dealt carefully. Any damage to the game components or losing the game parts is not acceptable. The defected game must be replaced by the borrower and she is responsible for it. At the end of the game the borrower must count all the parts and make sure nothing is missing. Put the game back on the game pile and inform the game owner about it.
3. Eating and Drinking: Keeping food and drink on the game table is completely forbidden. Do not keep your drink on the table, you can put them on side tables if there is any. Do not eat during the course of the game. Your hand will transfer grease or oil to the game component. Please order food between the two different games or during the break if the game is long. Please touch the game components with clean hands.
4. Noise Level: Practice the game in a way to not disturb other members. Do not shout and keep the noise low. Let’s everybody enjoy the environment.
5. Discretion: This should be fairly obvious but needs to be mentioned. Members who are found harassing others will be banned from the group. We understand that many members engage in light hearted ‘trash talk’ but please be aware not everyone has the same tolerance and misunderstandings can occur. If you are asked to stop then stop. If any member feels that they are being harassed please take the matter to Event Organizer immediately, she will take the required action.
6. Event Management: In case of having query, need help or guidance, Event Organizer is available to help you. In case of any dispute, Event Organizer has the final word and authorisation to take any required action.
7. Having Fun: We all are here to enjoy our time. We are here to play games, socialise and share happiness. So HAVE FUN, HAVE FUN and HAVE FUN.
Looking forward to seeing everyone!
Very Important Note
ATTENTION: WE DO NOT KNOW WHAT IS RISK OR MONOPOLY. WE DO NOT KNOW HOW TO PLAY THEM AND WE ARE NOT INTERESTED TO KNOW THEM.