(Details to be updated...)
The idea is to provide a platform for people who find the 500 word limit in the flash-fiction meetup too short (i.e. pretty much everybody) and also for people who do creative work outside of writing which they might like critiqued.
This will hopefully be good for motivation and feedback.
For the general creativity share and critique, you can send digital versions of drawings, paintings, recorded music, videos or anything else that can be emailed. Alternatively you can send links to particular original material hosted on websites such as flickr, soundcloud or youtube.
For the short stories, you can either submit pieces based on the suggested themes below or themes of your own and they can be fiction, non-fiction, plays or whatever format you prefer. They shouldn't be longer than 2,500 words so that people will have time to read them. For pieces longer than 2,500 words, the Long-form Works Installments meetup would be more suitable.
- A new designer drug makes people brilliant for five minutes.
- Two long-term lovers wake up and realise they don't love each other anymore.
- A not-so-normal birthday.
- A junkie unravels a conspiracy and tries to convince his friends it's true.
- A man or woman wakes up this morning thinking it is the 5th of November, 2012. S/He has no memory of the previous year. S/He finds that his marriage has ended and s/he's lost his/her job. What happens in the course of that first day?
(These come from www.reddit.com/r/WritingPrompts/)
In order to give everyone a chance to check out your stuff, you should email all content (or links to same) to [masked] at least a week in advance of the meetup, i.e. by the end of this Tuesday, the 5th of November. To check out other people's stuff prior to the meeting, please login to the gmail account using the password "published".