*Even though 13 are RSVP'd on this Meetup, it seems only 8 are registered and 2 are wait-listed (per Durham Parks and Recreation).
High Ropes Obstacle Course
Durham's Parks and Recreation has an amazing obstacle ropes course situated in Bethesda Park in Durham. It is only open for team building programs and private events, however several times a year they offer the public a way to sample the course (which they call "High Ropes Discovery Days"). At the end of the course you can choose to exit via giant swing or by zip line.
Date and Time: Saturday, December 7th 11:00am to 12:30pm.
Length: 1 hour and 30 mins.
Where: Bethesda Park in Durham.
Available Space: There are only 10 spots and RSVP'ing to this Meetup event doesn't guarantee a spot. Durham Parks and Recreation handles it so please see the directions below on how to get a spot. This event is open to the public so it's not exclusive to our Meetup group. November is already full, but there's still space in December!
There are other time slots but I picked the 11:00am slot because I work later that day.
How to register for the event:
1) Click this link and go to "Request New Account": https://online.activenetwork.com/dprplaymore/Start/Start.asp
2) Register an account to get your Login ID and Account PIN. THIS DOESN'T HAPPEN INSTANTLY. It may take a day or two to get your account processed.
3) Once your account is registered, click on the above link again and enter this course ID: 12027.
4) Click ADD to purchase a spot. If you are a non-Durham resident it is $13, if you are a Durham resident it should just be $8.
5) See you at Bethesda Park!
6) Vietnamese lunch at Pho 9n9 afterwards at 1:00pm.
*Durham's Park and Recreation website keeps track of how much space is left, so you'll know if there is availability.
If there is enough interest maybe we can do a private event just for us, but for now this is just a sampling. :)