Durham 20s/30s Active Gamers Message Board › Habitat For Humanity

Habitat For Humanity

Laura
user 13806947
Raleigh, NC
Post #: 14
Hey there!
I am signing up to do Habitat for Humanity and wanted to see if anyone else would be interested in joining.
I spoke with one of the women that help organize the Durham branch and she said they could use people next Saturday April 2nd. They have morning and afternoon shifts available.
It will either be to help build a new home, tear one down or do repairs on an old one.
You don't have to have any special construction talents (lord knows I don't) but I think it would help if you know how to use a hammer. :)
Let me know if you are interested and I can send you the link and information to sign up.
Thanks!! :)
Lauren
user 10033212
Group Organizer
Chapel Hill, NC
Post #: 58
I'm definitely interested some time, Laura! Just not sure about the 2nd! Great idea though!!! <3
Sal
salza
Angier, NC
Post #: 18
Count me out, I'm heartless... I kid, I kid. I'll do it sometime.
Jake H
JakeH
Raleigh, NC
Post #: 1
I'm doing Habitat in Raleigh on April 30th. The spots seem to fill up pretty quick so you have to do it at least a couple weeks in advance.

Jon F.
user 7841612
Efland, NC
Post #: 21
I hate to be a buzzkill but you may want to think twice about volunteering your time to contribute to sprawl. Repairing or restoring an existing home is a great cause but HFH mainly builds new homes on newly clearcut developments.
A former member
Post #: 30
I dunno about NC, but when I did HFH in Texas we went to an old woman's house who couldn't hardly walk and cleaned it, rebuilt parts of it, and moved tons of stuff out of it. Then cleaned it again. No newly cut developments there. Having said that, I don't think I have it in me April 2nd, I think I'll be celebrating two self-centered accomplishments that day. Thx tho!
A former member
Post #: 29
I will be out of town April 2 for a friend's wedding but if there are other dates then let me know and I would love to volunteer.
Ruby
21CGRUBY
Durham, NC
Post #: 8
Sounds cool. I think we should do it b4 the summer scorchers. Lara I would like to go April 2nd afternoon. When do you plan to go?
A former member
Post #: 32
I will be out of town April 2 for a friend's wedding but if there are other dates then let me know and I would love to volunteer.
Yeah, I can see Andi bonking stuff with a hammer. Big grin on her face, little maniacal giggling going on, a dark sparkle in her eye, nobody really knowing what's going on up there.
Just don't give her any nails. Hammer, okay. But no nails please.
Laura
user 13806947
Raleigh, NC
Post #: 16
So it seems Habitat is full for this upcoming weekend.
Due to the various upcoming weekend events I will have to postpone this until the end of April or sometime in May. I will update you when I have another date set. :)