Games will be on the indoor field and will cost $11 for a 70 minute game. Games are 7-a-side with a target of 20 players meaning three subs per team. Games begin officially at 10am and end at 11.10am
Cost will be $11 (incl HST) for players who arrive and pay before 9.50am
Players arriving and paying after 9.50am will pay $13.
The aim of the late fee is to encourage players to arrive early so that we can get teams organized and ensure that the game gets going right on time.
Players wishing to sign up for 10 consecutive weeks can pay $100 in advance for 10 games - there will be no refund of this fee if players miss games
Players are required to bring[b] both[/b] red and white tops and must wear shinguards. Moulded cleats or flat soled shoes are permitted.
The minimum age for players in this game is 16 years old.
The following rules apply to DISC's Pickup Programs:
Keepers will be permitted to play at half price provided they commit to spending the entire game in goal. The Meetup system does not have a tool for managing this. The first two keepers to arrive and pay for any game will be considered to be the designated keepers for that game
Late Arriving Players
A major cause of problems is late arriving players. Ideally, players should arrive 15 minutes before the start time so that payment can be collected, teams sorted and the game get going right on schedule to maximize playing time. In future, players registered for a game who arrive after the designated start time will only be permitted to play if fewer than 20 players are playing. This 20 includes any unregistered individuals who did not sign up but were accepted to play due to there being fewer than 20 players.
Players who are not registered online for a game but turn up hoping to play will only be permitted to play if fewer than 20 players (including the organizer) are present at the designated start time.
If a player registers for a game but does not show, they receive a snotty e-mail from me. If this happens twice, they are removed from the members list and banned. This ban is temporary and can be lifted by paying a $30 deposit against future games. Once the member has demonstrated regular, reliable attendance, the deposit will be returned. If the player misses a game s/he has registered for the playing fee will forgo the deposit and the player will be banned again.
A full set of playing rules is available at
The feedback I’m getting is that when it is right, the pickup is great fun. The above rules are designed to ensure that it is right as often as possible. If you have any suggestions or proposals for improving the games, please do not hesitate to e-mail me at [masked]
Waiver & Release of Liability
(To be agreed by all participants)
By agreeing to these terms you give up important legal rights. Please read carefully!
This is a binding legal agreement. As a Participant in the programs, activities and events of the Durham Indoor Soccer Centre, the Participant acknowledges and agrees to the following terms.
The Durham Indoor Soccer Centre, its directors, officers, members, employees, coaches, volunteers, officials, participants, clubs, agents, sponsors, owners/operators of facilities, and representatives (the “Organization”) are not responsible for any injury, damage or loss of any kind suffered by a Participant during, or as a result of, any program, activity or event, caused in any manner whatsoever including, but not limited to, the negligence of the Organization.
Description of Risks
In consideration of participation in such programs, activities and events, the Participant hereby acknowledge that they arem aware of the risks and hazards associated with or related to soccer. The risks and hazards of soccer include, but are not limited to:
· Injuries from executing strenuous and demanding physical techniques in soccer;
· Injuries from dryland training including weights, running, and massage;
· Injuries from grass, turf and other surfaces including bacterial infections and rashes;
· Injuries resulting from falls to the ground due to uneven or irregular terrain or surfaces;
· Injuries from collisions with walls and soccer equipment;
· Iinjuries resulting from failure to properly use any piece of equipment or from the mechanical failure of any piece of equipment;
Spinal cord injuries which may render participants permanently paralyzed;
· Injuries from extreme weather conditions which may result in heatstroke, sunstroke or hypothermia;
· Injuries from contact, colliding or being struck by other participants, spectators, equipment or vehicles;
· Injuries resulting from vigorous physical exertion and strenuous cardiovascular workouts;
· Injuries from exerting and stretching various muscle groups; and
· Travel to and from competitive events and associated non-competitive events which are an integral part of the organization’s activities.
Furthermore, Participants are aware:
· That injuries sustained in soccer can be severe;
· That Participants may come into close contact with other participants, including the possibility of accidental and unexpected contact;
· That Participants may experience anxiety while challenging myself during the activities;
· That Participants' risk of injury is reduced if they follow all rules adopted during training; and
· That Participants' risk of injury increases as I become fatigued.
Release of Liability
In consideration of the Organization allowing me to participate, Participants agree:
a) To assume all risks arising out of, associated with or related to participation;
b) To be solely responsible for any injury, loss or damage that Participants might sustain while participating; and
c) To release the Organization from liability for any and all claims, demands, actions and costs that might arise out of participating, even though such risks, injuries, loss, damage, claims, demands, actions or costs may have been caused by the negligence of the Organization.