1) What was your favorite essay? What was your least favorite? Did any essays feel more or less relevant?
2) Some essays were clearly written years ago. Did they feel dated or did the essay theme still feel current?
3) There are a couple essays where Sullivan notes that he is white and writing about black music. What do you think about his reasoning and his explanations for racial and cultural differences in understanding?
4) Are you going to follow up with any of the music you didn't know about (be honest--you hadn't heard of some of the bands!)?
5) Animals attacking humans. Discuss.
6) Would you let your house be used for a television show?
7) Which essays do you think will stick with you?