Follow up on last months successful meetup, featured in NRC (Next), Radio 1 "Met het Oog op Morgen" and lots of other media.
Monthly meetup of biohackers open for anyone who's interested in DIY Biology. We aim for pulling together an eclectic mix of people from different backgrounds, share knowledge, spark discussions on biotechnological topics and eventually do it ourselves together. Some solids and liquids will be provided.
- 18.00 Welcome at Theatrum Anatomicum of Waag Society: bring your own take away dinner from the abundant foodshops in the neighbourhood and meet other participants (we have plates and cutlery)
- 19.00 Introduction by Pieter van Boheemen: Setting up a DIY Biology community lab in The Netherlands
- 19.15 Presentation by BioArt artist Boo Chapple about her work in relation to DIY aesthetics http://residualsoup.org/
- 19.35 Presentation iGEM Art team - Koninklijke Academie voor Beeldende Kunsten
- 19.50 Presentation Dino van Dissel - "DIY in the Lab: Building an alginate bead generator for the encapsulation of yeast cells"
- 20.10 Rehydration and carbon replenishment
- Workshop: Assembling the OpenPCR
- Time for discussion about DIY programme to come
- 21.00 Closure and further rehydration and carbon replenishment
Are you interested in presenting? Please contact me @pietervboheemen.