Dutch DIY Bio Group Message Board › Next year’s resolutions in DIYBio

Next year’s resolutions in DIYBio

Pieter van B.
user 14516538
Group Organizer
Den Haag, NL
Post #: 3
Hi Dutch DIYBiologist!

In just one year, the Dutch DIYBio community has grown like a mushroom on steroids. Thank you for turning the many workshops, debates and presentations into such great success!

During last weekend's first European DIYBio meetup in Paris many exciting new projects were set up, and we are brewing some of our own breeds as well.

We are now brainstorming on the activities program for 2013, so please help us out by sharing your vision. You are very much welcome to express your wishes in this discussion:
- What kind of workshop would you like to participate in?
- What is limiting you in actively engage in DIYBio?
- What (crazy) project do you have in mind?
- Who would you like to see present in one of our future meetups?

Already, there are some projects in development. Drop me a line if you are interested in contributing to any of them:
- DNA messaging system (in cooperation with London Biohackers)
- BugID environmental biotech quests
- "How to hack biology" lecture/workshop series
- Open Biosupplies Database
- Building the Waag Open Wetlab

As you may already know, on December 19th we will have another Open Wetlab Workshop, during which Haseeb Ahmed will present his Never Dying Liver and we'll work on optimizing our DNA diagnostics pipeline. Please RSVP on http://www.meetup.com...­
Branislav M.
branko
Amsterdam, NL
Post #: 1
hi Pieter,
before adding some topic for future projects: will this forum be the main discussion/Mailing list of the group ?

Linked to Fablab & DIYBIO I aim to work& learn in area of :
- 3D bio printer ( and link it to my work... this I have partly done and I'm linked to Fablab@Utrecht as well )
- Bio Sensors : Creatinine urine sensor ( kidney functionality monitoring... linked to my wife )
maybe Sensor for stress (saliva /hair /urine??)
- Kids and education (Microscopy on mini organisms , cells , 3d Printing ... )

ciao,
Branko
Pieter van B.
user 14516538
Group Organizer
Den Haag, NL
Post #: 4
Currently this discussion forum is one of the main communication platforms we have. Besides this there is already a mailing group on Google Groups for a while. Perhaps it is more convient to continue the discussion there: https://groups.google...­

- It seems like many people are interested in building a 3D Bio printer. Let's do a mini meetup on this project this week! (I'll contact you directly)
- Educational workshops are definately in need. We need something better than strawberry DNA extraction for sure!