December 31, 2012 · 9:45 PM
This location is shown only to members
Are you tired of spending New Year's Eve in an overcrowded and overpriced club with a bunch of drunken strangers? Let's start the new year off right -- in the great outdoors with music, dancing, and fireworks.
The plan ...
We'll meet at Washington Square Park to join the Time's Up organization's annual New Year's Eve group bicycle ride and after party. At 10:00 PM we'll start our roll up to Belvedere Castle in the middle of Central Park for the best (and free!) New Year's Eve dance party in town with fireworks! Dress festive -- don't forget your noisemakers and party favors -- and bring food and drink to share if you like.
Inline skaters are also welcome if that is your preferred mode of movement.
The important stuff ...
- Dress festive but warmly. We'll be outdoors for several hours and frostbite would be a bad way to start the new year.
- Bringing food and drink to share is encouraged.
- This event is FREE of charge.
- Call me a wuss, but extreme Arctic cold and inclimate weather will cancel this meetup for me although Time's Up may still hold the event. Check your email the morning of the event for any last-minute updates.
- RSVP only if you seriously plan to attend as space is limited. If you RSVP and I notice you have a number of no shows or a history of last minute cancellations, you will be removed.
- I will distribute my mobile phone number to the confirmed RSVPs two days before the event. Don't leave home without it.