Welcome to EAA Chapter 774
Our Experimental Aircraft Association chapter is for people like you who are interested in aviation and who want to be around aircraft. You do not have to be an aircraft builder, a pilot, or an aircraft owner. You only need enthusiasm for aviation and the desire to be around flying machines. We have something for everyone!
For Your Fun:
• Bald Eagles Day: A pancake breakfast for adult members and guests, at a local airport. After the breakfast, free airplane rides are given to anyone who wants one.
• Young Eagles Day: A free introductory flight, in a general aviation airplane, to interested young people, between the ages 8 - 17. Since the chapter began organizing its Young Eagles Day events over 4,000 Young Eagles have been flown! It's hard to tell who enjoys it more: the kids or the pilots!
• Fly Outs: A fun day of flying to a location of interest for members with and without planes. Those without planes pair up with individuals who have a plane.
• Annual Dinner: A dinner at a local restaurant for all members and their families. Great food is accented with an awards segment where EAA Volunteer Service awards and Outstanding Achievements awards are given to the members who volunteer their valuable time to keep the Chapter and the EAA running.
For Your Building Needs:
We are home to 21 different completed projects and we have 13 different active projects under way.
The most valuable thing our chapter can provide you with is the personal one on one help you need. Our members can provide you with advice on every aspect of selecting, building, flying, and maintaining your aircraft. We do this in the following ways:
• By showing you how you can afford the aircraft of your dream
• By helping you in the selection process with information and advice on what is available, how to evaluate aircraft and what other members have found out about aircraft they have evaluated.
• By providing you with direct answers to your questions. We can also show you how it is done and teach you the process.
• By providing you with access to Technical Counselors, who are experienced airplane builders, restorers, and mechanics, who volunteer their time to visit with you, while you are in the process of building your project. Their goal is to help you present a "zero defects" aircraft at its final inspection by the FAA.
• By providing you with access to Flight Advisers to help with everything from finding the right instructor and planning a first flight to determining the types of additional training needed.
For Your Education:
• We have monthly programs on every aspect of aircraft construction, how to safely fly your plane and flying experiences
For Your Communication Needs:
The following items on our chapter web site provide an effective way for our members and officers to communicate with each other:
• Membership Roster
• Chapter News
• Project Photos
• Chapter Documents
• Aviation Links
For Your Safety:
• We have Technical Counselors, who are experienced airplane builders, restorers, and mechanics, who volunteer their time to visit with you, while you are in the process of building your project. Their goal is to help you present a "zero defects" aircraft at its final inspection by the FAA.
• We have Flight Advisors to help with everything from finding the right instructor and planning a first flight to determining the types of additional training needed.
Monthly Meeting Door Prize
Date & Time: 3rd Thursday of each month @ 7:30 - 9:00 pm
Location: West Houston Airport - Terminal Building - Upstairs
EAA Chapter 774 - Annual Dues:
Annual dues are prorated based on the month you join.
Annual dues are payable in January and are $25.00 for single and $30.00 family
EAA National - Annual Dues:
Go to this link first!
EAA National - Information
Committees for Service:
• Meetup Chapter Web Site
• Outside Activities - 1 per year
• Safety - Technical Counselor / First Flight Adviser
• Young Eagles / "E" Eagles programs