The East Bay Ruby Meetup Group Message Board › Job Offerings

Job Offerings

Geoffrey Pearse F.
user 17521511
Tampa, FL
Post #: 2
Hey everyone,

We are looking for an experienced developer for an exciting project with the following knowledge:

-Strong experience with Ruby on Rails, (a link to your Github account, showing open source contributions and personal projects, is a huge plus)
-Experience working with Agile project management approaches
-You love Test-driven development (provide examples of how you've used these approaches)

Please respond to this ad for more information and contact information.

Thank you!

Geoff
A former member
Post #: 8
Hello Friends!

If anyone of you is having experience developing the customer facing web applications using Ruby 1.9.2/1.8.7 along-with Rails 3 and Backbone.js (not mandatory) and is looking for a Contract or Full-Time Opportunities in San Francisco area, then the best thing to do is to drop a word to me @ Paras@idhasoft.com and I'll be in touch within no time!

Joining and Starting Immediate!

Remuneration - no bar for the right candidate!

Waiting Eagerly for your responses!

Paras
Idhasoft
WebSite
Chris C.
user 26708872
Berkeley, CA
Post #: 1
Hello All,

New to the group here. My name is Chris and I work with VonChurch a niche recruiting firm specializing in the Digital Entertainment Space. I specialize in recruiting talent for our Mobile/Social division. We have a number of Immediate job openings (Perm Placements) with companies that are looking for individuals with Ruby and RoR experience. Many of these companies are small to medium sized start ups that offer great culture and benefits (salary + the possibility of equity depending on the company). If this is something that you want to know more about or might know someone who would feel free to contact me on LI: http://www.linkedin.c...­ or via email: ccasciato [at] vonchurch [dot] com I look forward to speaking with some of you and trying to get you into a great new position.

-Chris
A former member
Post #: 1
Hi, everyone. Stanford University Library, where I work, is hiring two developers right now to build a digital library collection about the history of the automobile and its impact on society. You'd be working on the main Stanford campus, with a friendly and smart team of developers. The stress level is lower than you'll find in private industry, and yet the salary is competitive. We build open source software, we work with fascinating collections, and we have a lot of fun. If you'd like to know more, please visit http://jobs.stanford....­ and search for job id 43757 (more of an infrastructure developer) or job id 43758 (more of a web developer).

Thanks, and feel free to contact me with any questions: bess [at] stanford [dot] edu

A former member
Post #: 4
Ooyala does big data and analytics in Ruby - with Hadoop, with Cassandra, and with our own home-rolled MapReduce framework. We manage playing web videos in Ruby. We have an excellent Rails app to specify what you want done with your video. Yeah, okay, transcoding is in C++ for speed. Sue us ;-)

More info on that "Big Data in Ruby" thing: "http://portal.slidero...­

Want to do this with us? Reply to me - it's worth having a resume, though it doesn't have to be amazing. Not already up to speed in Ruby? S'all good. We'll teach. Just show us you rock at coding *something*.
Scott A.
u9829102
Palo Alto, CA
Post #: 38
Wanted: CTO and Cofounder for existing startup

I've recently relocated from London to Silicon Valley with my startup, Teamly, which has users, early revenues, lots of investor interest and tons of great press.

I'm an experienced startup founder, from a biz/mktg background,and have recently been joined by a semi-tech cofounder, but we're looking for another cofounder who is a truly great developer for a CTO role. You'll help us take Teamly to the next level, which is likely to include seed investment and participation in an accelerator. Crucially you'll need to be interested in the space we're in: productivity/collaboration/management.

f you're interested, get in touch!

More info about me at this FoundersHookup profile.

Scott
A former member
Post #: 6
Anyone out there looking to get more hands on experience with Rails... I'm working with a startup about to get their 2nd round of VC.

They need JavaScript/JQuery/Moustache skills... but it's a Rails shop. So if you're a front end guy, looking for more Rails it might be up your alley.

I can give more details on the company, who's involved, if you drop me a line.

Also potentially open to a consultant.

-Megan
Megan [at] highlandersolutions.net
Van
vannguyen408
Milpitas, CA
Post #: 2
I'm currently seeking out talented Ruby on Rails developers to
represent to find their next opportunity. My director has over 6 hot
tech start ups (and counting!) in San Francisco and they are willing to
pay top dollar and more for the right candidate. We're talking
100K-150K DOE.

What I can help you with:
*Negotiation for top dollar and possibly equity (One client is looking for a VP of engineering and is giving a SUBSTANTIAL equity for the right candidate)
*DIRECT LINE to the hiring manager/decision makers
*Instant action/results (I got the last guy 4 interviews by end of day and can do the same for you)
*24/7 contact
*Guidance/full support if needed

The time to act is now! Message me and let's make it happen.

Gavan
Andrew
AndrewR
Irvine, CA
Post #: 3
Hi,

I am looking to fill a contract Rails position with a VC funded start-up in SoMa area. Great opportunity to code with some wildly intelligent people and work on a product that will be highly visible by other developers. Please contact me to learn more. They expect all applicants to provide a GitHub link. Telecommuting is not an option (sorry!).

Thank you!
Andrew Roddini
949-three eight five-4843
aroddini@ beaconhillstaffing .com
A former member
Post #: 7
We are a food related start-up looking to fill the CTO and/or lead developer position. The candidate must be passionate about consumer internet technology. Compensation includes $100k+ and significant equity. The co-founders have strong business backgrounds and are looking for partner-level tech manager who is not only a capable developer but also a strong team leader. Strong Ruby and web development skills and the following attributes are a must:

- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and proven leadership ability to motivate in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to set and manage priorities judiciously.
- Exceptionally self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail. Relentlessly focused on delivering the best-in-class products.
- Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
- Exceptional service orientation.

Please contact Helena at hgeng@mba2002.hbs.edu if interested.